Who DOES Know About Marine Conservation Zones?

Elton

Not so simple is it Leon, what's expected from joe blogs to prevent the eu and co getting their hooks into the rsa is a lot more than these three 'simple' steps. And keeping an eye on the trust web site is the reason i put my post up, no information regarding the mcz's what so ever. Why's that? I have no doubt there is a lot going on in the back ground that the likes of joe blogs don't hear about. That is all the snouts putting forward their own agendas. Two plus two making five when it comes to the rsa. This is whats concerning me. In the mean time, what science is abound to offer up any restrictions for the rsa? Answer that one? Is there any. It appears to be a relatively 'simple' one. If that is the case, then why aren't the trust banging the drum for the rsa. All they have offered to date is to liaise with the likes of the MCS. Yer right.

quote Leon: A couple of things that anyone objecting to a proposed site needs to keep in mind is:

If a proposed site is rejected, another area will be proposed, so any objection should consider the alternatives because the alternative could put anglers in a worse position than if the original site had gone through.

Exactly my point, 'they' won't stop until there is a panacea of mpa's even in the grand scale of things where it won't make diddly squat any difference to the fish stocks. The mystical powers have failed with the fish and now it's the turn to protect the rocks.

Elton, i agree with you, the instruction is coming from somewhere and we must comply, in the meantime we have the trust appearing to be 'standing' up for the rsa industry, when in fact it looks like they agree with the likes of the unseen mystical powers who offering up the threats. It looks like another industry of restrictions without an ending, yet none of the powers to be can offer an alternative such as helping the commercial sector and helping the rsa to enjoy their angling without the proposed new level of rules and regulation.

You know what Barry you hit the nail on the head Panacea did her bit to make work for her sister Aceso which is exactly what is going on here, where as I’m a direct descendent of Aglaea lol

On a serious note all these do good’ers are in the norm very nice people who just cant see that they are interfering with nature and the process of evolution.

Over the years man has cleared forest to make fields, had he not done so England would look a whole lot different today and we would be starving.

Some of those same fields are ploughed each year to provide a harvest just to prevent our starving. Few species have been wiped out as a result and what if they have rather them than us I say.

My point is that it is no different to scalloping for example that goes on year after year churning up areas of sea bed and a year or so later the scallop fishermen return to gather another harvest. It works because while removing the larger ones the small fry are left to continue the cycle.

Now though we have the do good’ers that are up in arms, telling us it must stop or the sea bed will be dead and the whole marine eco system is on the verge of collapse.

They spin a tale that tugs at the strings of human emotion of the masses and in turn receive loads of money to further their cause.

I have yet to see any measure, site, or recommendation that is based on anything that has any credibility, but how can you stop this runway train of conservation that is now one of the country’s leading employers?

Call me Dave promised to put and end to these dreaded quangos but it has not happened all we got was a watered down cull, please tell me there is a way to put a stop to all of this.

Tight lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A much simplified outline of the whole process is:

Step 1. Define what in the Marine Environment might benefit from some level of protection.

(see Ecological Network Guidance etc at http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/m...cz/default.aspx )

Step 2. Define areas that contain those items of interest, taking into account conservation value and minimising dsruption to existing users.

(see various reports on the individual project websites - links on the same page as above)

Step 3. Define the level of protection which is appropriate for that particular site, bearing in mind what is being protected and what activities may be compatible.

As we are still only at step 2, there is still some way to go before the actual sites are defined and we can start looking in detail at how to go about defining the appropriate level of protection for individual sites.

(This is a consequence of not going down the simpler route by which all sites would have been No Take Zones regardless, instead forcing the process to define objectives for each site and only restricting those activities which may be relevant to the attainment of those objectives, whilst taking into account the social and economic consequences as well as the scientific objectives, and involving stakeholders in the decision-making up front).

That's very frustrating for those paticipating who are trying to protect the interests of their stakeholder group insofar that areas are first selected without knowing for certain what the final consequences will be for stakeholders.

In acknowledgment of this general guidelines have been published, which themselves raise fears which could be unwarrented.

( http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/images/mc..._tcm6-23451.pdf )

I hope that helps a little.

Ultimately the recommendations made by the various projects, which are accepted by the Science Advisory Group as fulfilling the criteria, will be put before the minister who will launch a public consultation before deciding which areas will be designated, then it will be down to the IFCAs (within 6 miles) and the MMO to implement and enforce.

In the meantime, there's still a lot of opportunity to get involved, find out what's happening in your area and attend site meetings etc. It's a case of letting the project teams know of your interest and keping an eye on their websites for relevant information being posted up, as well as signing up for newlsetters etc.

A meeting and committee junkies wet dream don't you think Leon?

I fish to live and live to fish.

My point is that it is no different to scalloping for example that goes on year after year churning up areas of sea bed and a year or so later the scallop fishermen return to gather another harvest. It works because while removing the larger ones the small fry are left to continue the cycle.

Now though we have the do good’ers that are up in arms, telling us it must stop or the sea bed will be dead and the whole marine eco system is on the verge of collapse.

They spin a tale that tugs at the strings of human emotion of the masses and in turn receive loads of money to further their cause.

I have yet to see any measure, site, or recommendation that is based on anything that has any credibility, but how can you stop this runway train of conservation that is now one of the country’s leading employers?

Call me Dave promised to put and end to these dreaded quangos but it has not happened all we got was a watered down cull, please tell me there is a way to put a stop to all of this.

Tight lines Bob

First rule for control is first create a state of fear.

Whether it's global warming, the national debt, binge drinking or the marine environment the format is the same.

I fish to live and live to fish.

A meeting and committee junkies wet dream don't you think Leon?

:D:D:D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Whether it's global warming, the national debt, binge drinking or the marine environment the format is the same.

Couldn’t have put it better Wurzel that is exactly what it is all about.

Come on Leon tell me I’m wrong and if so why? I know you’re a reasonable bloke even if others don’t; I really want to know why you and folk like Dave Gibson, Chris Caines and Reg Phillips have been convinced that you are going to make a difference to the vast wetness that surrounds our island home.

Tight lines Bob

Couldn’t have put it better Wurzel that is exactly what it is all about.

Come on Leon tell me I’m wrong and if so why? I know you’re a reasonable bloke even if others don’t; I really want to know why you and folk like Dave Gibson, Chris Caines and Reg Phillips have been convinced that you are going to make a difference to the vast wetness that surrounds our island home.

Tight lines Bob

Are there some who consider Leon to be unreasonable Bob? I have always considered Leon to be a decent chap. Might have a differance of opinion, thats what makes the world go around.

Regarding the wetness Bob, i agree with you that it would be nice to hear what others think about the proposed mcz's, me i don't think it will make 'jack' for all the expence and harm to the local economies that this project will bring.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yeah Poke yer head up yer ass and pretend it not happening, or sit on yer hands and do bugger all because it's too hard or you might have to dip into your pockets a bit deeper or change your lifestyle.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Are there some who consider Leon to be unreasonable Bob? I have always considered Leon to be a decent chap. Might have a differance of opinion, thats what makes the world go around.

Regarding the wetness Bob, i agree with you that it would be nice to hear what others think about the proposed mcz's, me i don't think it will make 'jack' for all the expence and harm to the local economies that this project will bring.

Hi Barry I suggested that some might see Leon as unreasonable because of the flack the man gets at every post he makes.

Like you say I have never considered this to be the case but note that he does not post that often and seldom offers or defends his views all of which are fairly obvious.

Tight lines Bob

Yeah Poke yer head up yer ass and pretend it not happening, or sit on yer hands and do bugger all because it's too hard or you might have to dip into your pockets a bit deeper or change your lifestyle.

What are you on corydoras, what exactly is happening then please enlighten this poor old fool?

Is it the Global Warming myth to which there is as much scientific evidence to suggest that it being a myth is the case.

The national debit we all know about and that was thanks to one Gordon Brown, but your still in denial about that, best you remove your head from your rectum on that one.

Most important is the Marine issue, well are you about to present some dramatic evidence which we have all missed per chance?

Tight lines Bob

Edited by Deene'0