Who DOES Know About Marine Conservation Zones?

Elton

Good post, well argued Barry. Most people dont know right from wrong when it come the the commercials, they think they are all evil. When infact they are just trying to earn a living.

Too many anglers are whipped into a frenzy of hatred for commercial fishermen by those with ulterior motives.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys if there is no time series data on the stock levels of any species be it local' regional or whatever any argument is meaningless. Is it

angling, gill netting, climate change, changing predation during recruitment etc etc? If you don't know yoou have no argument and no case.

This is why CEFAS , DEFRA, Natural England and the EU are undertaking studies about angling activity and their catches so that eventually they will have some idea what we do and what impact we might have. Anything else that is put out by any organisation without scientific evidence is total bull **** and not worth the paper it is written on

Regards

Clive

Must say that I agree with that. No evidence, no accountability, no participation.

Flapper.

Thanks for the reply Steve, would you be kind enough to explain what ulterior motives you mean.

I understand people have different agenders in life, but fail to see how an anti commercial fishermen stance would stand to benefit anyone.

An anti commercial fishing stance doesn't benefit anyone. It just makes it easier for the decision makers to steamroller ahead with new restrictions and regulations, with minimum opposition. There are people who are supposed to be representing the best interests of sea anglers who are hell bent on getting commercial fishing banned, (I know, it's laughable), at any cost to sea angling.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

it may seem fine to bang the drum to protect a single species or a couple ,namely bassand mullet,but if all stakeholders taking part in the consultations take the secular approach,then all marine users are in danger of losing out.if the canoeists,birdwatchers,anglers,surfers,divers etc all push their own agendas to the detriment of others it will make things very easy for those creating the rules.no united stance from ALL marine users equals more restrictions with little opposition.

cheers rab

Barry me old mate, the whole point about fishing for the boat was to illerstrate I am no muppet when it comes to fishing. I am never going to agree with anything you say.In my ideal world there would be no Gill netting in Estuarys only commerical activty would be Shellfish . All Sharks returned imeadeatley after capture no more stupid pictures of dead Sharks on the Quay. Bag limits for fish like Bass and Blackbream Spurdog any fish that can be returned.A bag limit for Mackerel . The end of Seined netting for Mullet in Cornwall in Winter .By now Barry you should be getting the picture of how far apart we are.

Yes I have had trips ruined by Trawlers less than 100yrds of the Beach and yes I lose a lot of my local Mullet to illegal gillnetters and I fail to see the point about gillnets only being used close to the shore when I have been twenty miles out in the Channel to find the wreck with gill nets on they didn,t walk there.

Don,t know why you bang on about the difference bettween Christchurch harbour and Weymouth Harbour one has been privatley run for as long as I know and the other is a public harbour if theres such a thing

Can,t belevie you tried to play the PC card you little tinker