Salmon & Freshwater Fisheries Review

Guest waterman1013

Guest waterman1013

The full report of the Salmon & Freshwater Fisheries Review Group is available for reading and download at http://www.maff.gov.uk/fish/salmon/backgrnd.htm

There is a consultation period on the review which finishes on 31 July 2000.

Every interested angler, and we should all be interested, should read, digest and comment - this is our last chance to effect the short and mid term future of angling in the UK. If enough people respond to consultation opportunities we can drive the message home of our political power as anglers and get the changes we need to improve the environment for our fish and the future for angling.

Please read it now and comment.

Mike

Guest RobStubbs

Mike,

Have you actually received a copy in the post yet - assuming you requested one ? I did request one but would imagine it'll take them some time to send them all out (just under 200 pages I believe).

Rob.

Guest waterman1013

Rob

No I didn't ask for one, but I downloaded it from the MAFF site and am up to page 87 already, with loads of notes to go back on.

Printing it takes 236 pages. It ios a good document but the reasoning is weak in lots of areas, IMO.

Mike

Guest Leon Roskilly
Originally posted by RobStubbs:

Mike,

Have you actually received a copy in the post yet - assuming you requested one ?  I did request one but would imagine it'll take them some time to send them all out (just under 200 pages I believe).

Rob.

Rob, I

Guest waterman1013

Now come along Leon, one name and a letter just won't do. Or did you decide to go fishing at the last moment?

Mike biggrin.gif

Guest waterman1013

Thanks Rob

I'm classed as a class angler but I haven't caight since November. frown.gif I bet Leon has been bashing them out.

Mike

Guest Leon Roskilly
Originally posted by waterman1013:

Thanks Rob

I'm classed as a class angler but I haven't caight since November.   frown.gif I bet Leon has been bashing them out.

Mike

I've been 'fishing' twice this century - not a single take :-(

However, the water temperature is starting to creep up, and the mullet will be back in a couple of weeks :-)

On the subject of the MAFF Review (it thudded on my doormat Saturday before last, probably in retaliation for the flood of emails I sent in!) Is it true that only 352 people responded to the original consultation? And a lot of them would have been antis, right to roamers, canooists etc.

No wonder it's such a struggle to get the politicians and beuracrats to take us seriously!

Tight Lines - leon

Guest waterman1013

Yes Leon

Now that I have read the report in full, I was surprised that so few submissions were made. Still we all have until July 31st to respond and we SHOULD!! smile.gif

Mike

Guest RobStubbs

I still haven't received my copy (could have taken it fishing with over the w/e). Looks like I'll have to download the thing frown.gif

Rob.