New to fishing

richie1880

After being told i have to take some time off of work, i have decided that i would like to fill my time by taking up fishing. Trouble is, i haven't got a clue where to start!!

I have always wanted to try but have never got around to it, or had anyone that had the time to show me!

Any help or advice, website links etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this...............

Richie

Welcome Richie,

Well, you've made a good start by joining this forum! I tried a few other angling forums when I first started, but I don't use them much now as I can get all the information I need on here.

I too took up fishing for the first time just a couple of years ago, and having no-one to teach me, found the help and advice on this forum to be second to none.

If there's anything in particular you'd like to know, try using the search function. If that doesn't help, then post your question and I'm sure you'll get loads of answers.

First things first though, have you got a rod licence?

Again, welcome.

Janet

Hi Richie and welcome.

It is always tough to start when you have no idea what to do first. You can't even really search for info because you don't know what you need to know.

As Janet says, this forum is excellent at providing all the information you will need and links to more details once we figure out what details will help you.

Feel free to join in any topics that look interesting or to start a topic of your own. The Coarse section or the Sea section would be good depending on which sort of water you want to try first.

It will help if you include your general location, your general budget for buying your first bits of gear, and if you have transportation or not.

At any rate, welcome to AnglersNet.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 weeks later...

welcome !!! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are specialize in woven wicker willow coffins or willow creel .Our woven coffins support the weight attains 300 pounds,all of them are environmental protection.Sure,we can make according to the clients'design or samples.

More woven wicker willow coffins products, please browse our http://www.wovenwickercoffins.com

welcome !!! :D

Why Are you advertising Coffins on a Fishing Forum ? Can't You afford to advertise

in a more appropriate website/forum

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

We haven't really put any restrictions on what can be used in a sig other than obscene or the like and many of us have advertising links in ours.

The sig photo could use to be a bit smaller though.

Note to wovenwickercoffins - you would probably have more luck on an angling forum if you used wovenwickercreels as your user name and had a photo of one rather than the coffin. If you'd like, I can change the username for you and you can change your sig photo.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

P.S. When Newt's time comes, can we please have 5 of those?

You could probably squeeze me into 3. We may need some grease, though.

Cheers.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE