Hello

Poleaxe

Hello all,

Just joined the forum, thought i'd do the obligatory hello thread.

Long time Cornish sea fisherman. Started coarse fishing early February this year. Pretty much started anew after only doing a bit of roach fishing as a child on the local duck pond. Had alot of free time since I took it up so have tried alot of venues in the local area and had some great fun. Anything else you want to know, please ask :)

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.

Interesting handle. Is there a story behind it?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.

Interesting handle. Is there a story behind it?

Thankyou, Newt.

Not really no. I've taken a liking to pole fishing and the axe bit just popped into my head to go with 'pole'. Silly I know. I could've called myself 'Polecrusher' I guess as I accidentally crushed one of my cheap 'trying out pole fishing' pole sections on the 2nd time of using it. Leant to my left, the chair lifted and it just rolled underneath the chair leg. Wont be doing that again any time soon (I hope).

A Poleaxe is an awesome weapon. I wondered if you were a World of Warcraft fan and used one in the game.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ahh I see. Afraid not, WoW is the sort of game I can see myself getting immersed in so havn't given it the chance. It would cut into my fishing time :)

Yup to WOW.

I've stayed away from it although several of my offspring and several of their offspring think highly of the game but then, they can't be too smart since they don't enjoy fishing. :D :D

Haha indeed, fishing has to come first I'm afraid.