Hello all!

Sprucey

Hello all, new to the forum, I'm based in Ipswich would be interested to chat to any other anglers in the Suffolk area to compare notes of great days/disasters! I'm a pleasure fisherman, I don't match fish or specimen hunt, I just enjoy watching the float go under, the crust be plucked off the top or the tip getting pulled round.

I have an interest in the wild and plant life surrounding our lakes and rivers and always like to learn more. I like the venues where you never know what the next bite will bring, have found a couple of venues that suit me, but would be interested to hear of any other suggestions!

Hope you're all having a good time catching in the warm spell,

Cheers

Sprucey.

Hiya Sprucey and welcome to Anglers' Net.

I think it has pretty much passed "warm" where I am. :D :D

wx.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya Sprucey and welcome to Anglers' Net.

I think it has pretty much passed "warm" where I am. :D :D

wx.jpg

Ha ha I think that must fall into the 'Lie down in a darkened room and move as little as possible' territory!

This is a little early in the year for such temps but its pretty much standard for July through mid-September. It is the reason we don't have any pike in the local waters - summer water temps are too high for them.

Just right for the gators though so we do have critters with teeth in the water which can keep the fishing interesting. :fishing:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

This is a little early in the year for such temps but its pretty much standard for July through mid-September. It is the reason we don't have any pike in the local waters - summer water temps are too high for them.

Just right for the gators though so we do have critters with teeth in the water which can keep the fishing interesting. :fishing:

Right up until the part about the gators I was thinking to myself "Hmm if it's that hot I think I would just dive in rather than bother fishing..." :lol:

A mate of mine's dad is a Floridian, used to run an ice factory in Greensboro (I think it was there) gave that up and now works for a funeral parlour I think of all places! Is that any where near you?

I had to look it up on a map but as it turns out, we are practically neighbors.

directions.jpg

Welcome to Anglers' Net.