Whats happening at the ACA ?

Cranfield

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a big bit in the Angling Times today. It seems even Bob & Jayne don't know why :confused: :(

I just hope they sort it out soon.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

JonHedges:

Perhaps it is because they have achieved next to nothing.

Do you mean Bob and Jane have done next to nothing or the ACA have done next to nothing?

I thought the ACA has been succesful, only losing three cases ever in its history. Have I missed something? :confused:

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

My point was not to do with the ACA and its work and more to do with the fact that I have seen nothing from Bob regarding any attempts to increase membership and promote the good work the ACA do.

Nothing personal - a fine angler indeed, but the ACA needs SOMEONE to increase membership and funds.

Right i am with you now jon. your right, there should be more promotion of the ACA but maybe the answer is that advertising is expensive and a not for profit organisation can only spend a fraction of what is needed. hence the need for Bob James who regullarly has articles published in the angling press and can get in somewhere that he works for the ACA and how to join etc. I hope this is a storm in teacup as we need the ACA more than ever. on another point i was disappointed when they didn't take action over Thames pollution recently as i thought this was just the type of case they would be interesetd in.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

The way that the ACA work is to force compensation for the damage done by pollution.

That can be a far higher penalty than a fine resulting from a criminal prosecution.

But you can only demand compensation when there is an ACA member club that has suffered damage because of the negligent action of the polluter.

It's still up to the EA (not the ACA) to bring a criminal prosecution, where that is the appropriate course of action.

Tight lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I let my membership lapse when I was unemployed a few years ago. Unfortunately, I have been put off by the almost total lack of communication and publicity since Bob James took over. If I had been new to fishing in the last seven or eight years I would never have heard of the ACA.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.