Whats happening at the ACA ?

Cranfield

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

This is worse than Who Killed JR!!

'people who don't agree with the work of an organization they belong to, can allways form another one.

It gives the control freaks that get into political power, a clear run at each in turn.

Isn't this what has regretfully happened within angling politics in years gone by? Now we are trying to recreate & present a united face, and congratulating ourselves on our efforts!

[ 29. October 2004, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Chris Tarrant is very supportive of Bob & Jane in this week's Anglers Mail.

I would have thought that the President of a body such as the ACA would be aware of inner rumblings so that sounds positive for the James.

[ 29. October 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

the ACA? well as ultravox once said 'it means nothing to me' same as the PAC, SAA, and all the other TLAs around these days. if you want to hand over your hard earned to some organisation for them to do what they want with it, fair enough but don't think they act for you and spend your money on your behalf, they act for themselves.

The ACA can also claim for loss of amenity, as it successfully did for anglers on the Wear some years ago. Although very little of the received payments went into re stocking due to the NRA Regional fisheries policy at that time.

I believe at the time it was a record payment achieved by the ACA.

[ 06. November 2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: wearyone ]

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

The real value of the ACA is in the pollution incidents that do not occur, knowing that even if a criminal proceeding by the EA, and a possible derisory fine, is unlikely because of the need for stringent evidence in a criminal case, a civil action by the ACA, needing far less stringent evidence but a much greater compensation payout, probably not insured if it occurs due to willful negliegence, is a real possibility.

Even if the ACA was not able to proceed with a single prosecution during a year, that would be evidence that in just being there, prepared to act when the need arises, they would be successful and of value to anglers.

Then there is the goodwill generated toward angling, with an organisation financed and run by anglers being the only organisation directly taking on environmental polluters head on in such a manner.

It's a great pity that some high profile people within the ACA have sometimes, by their public utterences, given the impression that the ACA has become involved in more turbid political waters, outside of anything that has anything to do with fighting pollution.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Maybe this is the problem with ACA and the James's......many do not seem to know what the ACA do or have done anymore? I would have thought that promoting the ACA and its work the most singularly important job.Without this there is no suport either moral or finnancial?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I read an interesting letter in the Anglers Mail today. An ACA member is calling for the ACA to act to resolve this matter by coming clean about the problems within the ACA.

Frankly I am surprised that there hasn't been any more information this week. Could it be that the ACA have rushed into this and are now not sure how to proceed?

I'm pretty sure that the 'Rules of the Association' allow its members to call an EGM if necessary. At least then those left running the ACA would have to explain what's going on to its members!

Does anyone have a copy of the ACA's Rules of Association?

I do know for a fact that every member is entitled to a copy.

Oh and just one other thing, Has anyone heard of Guy Lidlay-Adams? I understand that he might be involved with all this even though he had only just joined the ACA.....

[ 02. November 2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: PeterK ]