Countryside Alliance Angling Forum

Peter Waller

Bloodworm it would appear from your profile that you are from my neck of the woods.

Firstly welcome to the site which is a particularly friendly one even when views are being lovingly aired!

The angling and countryside alliance issue is a very complex one and some of it hinges around some of the characters that are involved on both sides.

This topic has been discussed at great length and with some modest heat and passion before on this site.

I am perhaps fortunate in that i have met Lee (Trent Barbeller) Malcom (MBPSU and several other letters I can;t remember) and have spoken to the Peters Waller and Sharp and I suppose that I have to admit to knowing the Sweetie man DCB!!!

All of these gentlemen though they will debate heatedly at times are absolute stalwarts of angling and will work to promote it at all times you can be assured that they are some of our staunchest defenders.

They all have differing perspectives on the CA as I have mine but as far as angling goes they are in considerable accord.

If you wish to know more of the background to this issue have a look at some of the old threads or pm me for a contact number.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the tune of "if you're happy & you know it, clap your hands":

If you want to 'show your mettle' - Ban the Hunt

If you want to grasp a 'nettle' - Ban the Hunt.

If the backbenchers are roaring

And the crime rate it is soaring

From the coffers cash is pouring

BAN THE HUNT

It makes such a catchy headline - Ban the Hunt

We will set an urgent deadline - Ban the Hunt

Whilst the peace of our great nation

transport health and education

seem to be beyond salvation

BAN THE HUNT

Show that government is working - Ban the Hunt

Proof that there shall be no shirking - Ban The Hunt

If you've lost control of 'law'

Saving pensions is a bore

and you can't drum up a war

Then BAN THE HUNT

Just to show we earn our wages - Ban the Hunt

Been discussing this for ages - Ban the Hunt

Not enough determination

to get tough on immigration

but we plead in mitigation

BAN THE HUNT

Lock your livestock up in boxes - Ban the Hunt

'Cos you cant be cruel to foxes - Ban the Hunt

When they raid and maim and loot

(are you sure - they look so CUTE)

You can poison trap and shoot

'em - BAN THE HUNT

If you need an 'easy target' - Ban the Hunt

Can't control the Common Market - Ban the Hunt

If you're feeble leadership

Should be showing signs of slip

and you feel you've lost your grip

Then BAN THE HUNT

And one more time......

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

i am totally aganist the countryside alliance trying to get normal anglers like me involved in there bloodsports :mad: and i think any normal angler will keep well clear of them as we dont kill the fish we catch for the fun of it i only kill the odd trout that i catch for the table and put the rest of them back not like the countyside alliance who support barbaric so called sports like fox hunting and badger baiting :mad: i have seen the end of a fox hunt as i live in a rural area and it was disguting so there is no way that i want to be associated with people like that :mad:

john wilson is god

Craig, when did you ever see that the CA support Badger baiting? Perhaps you can quote the origin of your statement?

I marched to support OUR right to decide what and how WE carry on OUR country pursuits, and I would do the same for Angling if one were ever organised.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

H, that's superb, I'm singing along as I type! :D

It hits home for me as well, as much as I would'nt participate in bloodsports I don't want to see them banned for various reasons.

One of them is that there is a lot more wrong with our society at the moment than countryside pursuits, I seriously feel that a lot of people have got their priorities sadly wrong. :confused:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Peter, many folk have got their priorites wrong, but atleast we are able to discuss, freely, matters concerning the welbeing of those who can't protect themselves, e.g. foxes!

That we pump tons of high protein foods into our lakes, in order to catch carp, whilst children die of starvation in less fortunate parts of the world is, perhaps, a fair example. Also we posture for war rather than using our defence budgets to cure cancer or offer aid to those who need it.

Just before the last Countryside March the CA ran a scare tactic advertising campaign in Anglers Mail. I complained to the advertising standards people who upheld my complaint. It reinforced my view that the CA will stoop pretty low in order to drag anglers onto their side.

An amusing, but wide of the mark ditty has been posted. Many of us are neither members of the far left or right. We don't regard this as a political issue. We are moderate, middle of the river people.

Our angling is important to us, too important to be used as a political tool by the CA.

Blackworm raised a point that I had missed. The excuse for fox hunting is that fox are regarded as pests. Yet there is a 'season' for fox hunting. Presumably, out of season fox are not considered as pests!!

Thanks Alan,bloodworm,lolol,nice one,

I have no dout that they are,and i consider myself as one,i just have my opinion,ive been hunting,shooting and fishing for the best part of 30 yrs,seen it,heard it all,i just thought that i would give my side of the story,people belive what they read and hear,somtimes its the truth somtimes its not,iam not on the "you must join the CA"band waggon,this is just a thread that i stumbled accross,

rgds bloodworm.

poledark:

I marched to support OUR right to decide what and how WE carry on OUR country pursuits, and I would do the same for Angling if one were ever organised.

It will never happen!

It didn't happen in defence of live-baiting in the Lake district.

Can you see all who have posted on here, marching in defence of, say, some sort of restriction on carp-fishing techniques?

Anglers won't support other sectors of the sport if they don't agree with or don't endulge in it.

At least the C.A. got unity within a broad spectrum of loosely connected passtimes.

You only have to see how certain parts of the angling 'fraternity' (bad choice of word perhaps) throw scorn on other sectors, to see why the anti's will gradually be able to whittle away at the edges without causing any large reaction until it's too late.

Pete,

I'm not disputing that we have the right to discuss & concern ourselves for the wellbeing of creatures that cannot defend themselves, I am just non plussed that when when we have such difficult social problems facing us, we worry so much about the Fox. It's a very resilient animal & is in no danger of becoming a threatened species.

You may not view it as a political issue, but I think thats what it became. For me, the reality was never about the fox but more to do with the percieved class that used them as sport.

I think the ditty is reasonably close to the mark, we have in power a party that loves to take the populist view & likes to sidestep any hard decisions that might cost them votes.

However, as much as I would like what the C.A. stands for to survive, I have to agree with you that it is not in our interests to join them.

Public support is paramount to our survival & through the twisted logic of the anti's & the sh*t stirring of the gutter press, the C.A. does not have that support. Angling at the moment does, & I - selfishly maybe - do not want my sport tarnished by their bloodsport reputation.

We have arguments strong enough to stand on their own & win the day, we just need to pull together & support each other in every attack on angling.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.