quote:

Originally posted by Liamsm:

quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Geezer

Who/what is The TAA, please?"

Thatcham Angling Accociation.

......Liam

Posted Image

Doh! Thanks, Liam ... it's obvious now that you've explained!

DG

[ 16. May 2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sTench, I expect you've checked this already. The Bowling Alley don't have tickets in yet, which I took to mean that you can't get them in the close season, which is what I was told about 4 years ago. But XBarbel's right and they've got them at Crownmead, so I hope to be down there Monday.

My experience 3 or 4 years ago was that it's good to fish the margins at this time of year. Logically it should be RIGHT next to the bank with warmer temperatures on the surface, but I found one or two rod lengths out was good, depending on the peg - but I'm no expert. People seem to catch most of the way round, though you don't get many people fishing the south bank for some reason. I quite like the north east corner.

john clarke

And don't forget your rake - this venue responds VERY well to a good raking!

Also I wouldn't discount the southern bank last year on a day I struggled I decided to go check some permits and had a chat with Edward Barder (the rod maker) who was having a thoroughly good session fishing the middle of that bank - I guess most folks can't be bothered to walk round there!

Chris

[ 22. May 2004, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I fished Wylie's Lake tonight. The ticket was £6, which is different from the ones i used to buy from the bowling alley. The £6 ticket is a general RDAA thing which covers a number of waters, but when I phoned the bowling alley they assured me the tickets were still £3, though they didn't have any in, yet, so MAYBE there will be £3 tickets from June 16?

There were plenty of bubbles and nibbles, but not many BITES, though a nice 5lb fish nearly pulled the rod into the water just before I packed up. Did you have any luck, sTench?

john clarke

hi john i went and found out about it like i said but then i couldnt go because the money i expected to have in my account from a new job wasnt there yet! :mad: this weekend until next ill be doing some sea fishing in swanage so ill be able to go the week after. which NAA lake would you say is best for tench? ive always fished dixons for them but people say knots is better and the times ive fished it its been awful. how would you fish knots for tench? ive heard its really good early season.

Knotts is DEFINITELY the best NAA lake for tinca's. My best is 44 in a session - that's over 150lb. Average 3-5lb, never had a 6lber but you also don't get many under 3lb. Also the bonus chance of a huge crucian...

C.

PS - Have you seen the tree clearance that has taken place at Dixon's??

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Knotts is best fished at night, over the last five years or so it has tended to go very quiet during the day with only a few fish out. Once it gets dark, different matter!

Best methods.....close range float fishing, also a method or groundbait feeder fished to a gravel patch will also score. And if they are really finicky, then freelined breadflake or luncheon meat.

Paul