Sea Fishing In Kent

Elton

Posted on behalf of Phil. Please add all replies to this thread:

hi forum

can anyone me ive just started sea fishing again after 10 years im from kent can anyone tell me of any good places to peir fish or beach fish example deal herne bay

phil

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hello Phil, welome to the madhouse.

Herne Bay is a bit dead at the best of times, you will struggle to catch much anywhere most days. Of course there is still the odd good fish, but few and far between unfortunately.

Deal can be ok, as can Hythe, easy parking and fishing, after dark best of course. Dungeness is over-rated now, can be ok at times.

It depends on what your expectations are, some are excited at catching a pouting or dogfish, sadly a sign of the times.

I think if you stick to one or two marks, and get to know them properly, and that makes a big difference, you will catch something worthwhile one day.

Happy days.

Edited by maidstonemike

Mike youl make him put his kit away again for another ten years, :lol:

Right matey,

On the whole the fishing is a lot a better than it was ten years ago, Thorn back ray from Minnis Bay of the beach in late spring now not a fluke catch the same from a few marks in sheppy but youl have to do the foot work there fella and keep your ear to the ground, most of the Thames Eastuary marks and medway will have you into Eels,Flounder,soul and Bass, and Mullet,

Whiteing every where in season,

The southern Break water will give you the chance of just about every thing you can catch on a boat in kent, the Smoothounds are fun if you are lucky enough to get into them but you do need a drop net dont go for them if you havent got one.

Deal is pants!!! but thats just my opinion cause I always blank there. Mike is spot on about Dungie as far as big fish are concerned but plenty of stuff to keep you busy,

we have just had a good Cod season all around the kent coast hopefully they will be back next year

Dog fish every where as well! loads of them and tastey plus they put a bend in your rod bit of a pain when you are Bass fishing though.

Hope that helps

all the best FB

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Ah! Of course, forgot the dogs dind't I? Problem is, I tend not to mention stuff I don't want to catch! I'm an oddball, I don't like catching fish that are not worthy of the hot olive oil and herbs! No interest at all in smooth hounds, rays, (yuk, slimy thorny things) pouting, mullet etc.

Very interested in sole, plaice, bass, dabs, whiting over a pound, eels, turbot, brill etc. Yum yum.

How about Reculver or Whitstable? :huh:

Reculver is a hard venue to fish, hounds in late summer if you can hack the snags,weed and tide.

Whitstable Ive never fished Seasalter just down the road is a flattie and Eel venue with school bass and whiting.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

The North Kent coast has never been as good as the South Kent Coast really. I think the shallow water has a lot to do with it. Very tidal too, the sea goes out a long way, restricting fishing time.

Much better off fishing Hythe after dark, or Deal, Dover etc.

Some with local knowledge do catch good fish at Minnis Bay, Birchington etc off the chalk ledges there. Depends which is easiest for you to travel to.

The North Kent coast has never been as good as the South Kent Coast really. I think the shallow water has a lot to do with it. Very tidal too, the sea goes out a long way, restricting fishing time.

Much better off fishing Hythe after dark, or Deal, Dover etc.

Some with local knowledge do catch good fish at Minnis Bay, Birchington etc off the chalk ledges there. Depends which is easiest for you to travel to.

I'm in the Bromley area so it's all fairly much the same for me; I don't mind heading to either the Whistable side of the world or Hythe, or anywhere in between tbh. I'm just looking for a relatively easy-to-fish-for-a-newbie (ie not too rough a bottom) location where I have a fair chance of landing something edible now and then.

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)

I'm in the Bromley area so it's all fairly much the same for me; I don't mind heading to either the Whistable side of the world or Hythe, or anywhere in between tbh. I'm just looking for a relatively easy-to-fish-for-a-newbie (ie not too rough a bottom) location where I have a fair chance of landing something edible now and then.

Oh no! youve just said the E word ;)

Every one here just strokes their catch lovingly then returns it! :P

Edited by five bellies

انا آكل كل الفطائر

i used to live in bromley but then it was the train and always folkestone most weekends in the close season ,got the wrong (there was the direct route and the one that visited most towns in kent) train one time and spent half a day in the blooming thing

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson