Wanted Driftbeater floats

Adam247

hi all i have been looking everywhere near me at every tackle shop i can get to and am unable to find any form of drift beater floats has anybody got any at all i can buy ? happly send payment via paypal or postal order , just need some badly thanks

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

• 5 months later...
hi all i have been looking everywhere near me at every tackle shop i can get to and am unable to find any form of drift beater floats has anybody got any at all i can buy ? happly send payment via paypal or postal order , just need some badly thanks

post-24341-1329157248_thumb.jpg

Hi Adam, If I've uploaded this pic correctly, this is an example of my own hand made driftbeaters. Made from traditional cane and elder pith, they carry 2 to 3 swan and work beautifully.

I've not considered selling them before, but if you would like a couple, then I can do them for a fiver a pair (includes postage).

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

For a fiver a pair, be quick and snap his hand off

Thanks Brian. Kind of you to say so.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Hi Adam, If I've uploaded this pic correctly, this is an example of my own hand made driftbeaters. Made from traditional cane and elder pith, they carry 2 to 3 swan and work beautifully.

I've not considered selling them before, but if you would like a couple, then I can do them for a fiver a pair (includes postage).

I will jump at te chance mate, do you have an email address to talk over a messanger or facebook ? cheers

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

I will jump at te chance mate, do you have an email address to talk over a messanger or facebook ? cheers

If you email me , Adam, we can sort out the details and I'll send you the pair shown in the pic.(better start making some more!).

Contact me at robtunnah@hotmail.co.uk

I have other designs too. Pith and cane antennas from 2BB to 2 swan and onions from 2 to 6BB. I'm not really geared up for any kind of full scale production - it's just something to keep me occupied in the dark depths of winter, but I'll upload some more pics when I have the chance and if you or anyone else likes them I can make some to order.

Hi Rob,

I am also very interested in a couple of these if you don't mind me "jumping on the bandwagon", i think they would be perfect for a deep club lake I fish for tench.

If that is ok, send me a pm.

Cheers

Colin

Colin
My Website

My Blog (mostly Match Fishing)

Hi Rob,

I am also very interested in a couple of these if you don't mind me "jumping on the bandwagon", i think they would be perfect for a deep club lake I fish for tench.

If that is ok, send me a pm.

Cheers

Colin

No problem, Colin. Once I've worked out how to PM folks (system won't let me for some reason - I've asked for help) I'll be in touch.

They take about a week to make, what with all the coats of paint,stain and yacht varnish and rubbing down between coats, but I've got some on the go at the mo so you shouldn't have to wait very long.

Until I sort out a better red fluoro paint (coverage is patchy with the one I'm using), current tip colour options are limited to yellow and black.

Regards,

Rob.

Turns out that Robtherake who makes those nice floats lives about 6 miles away from me, however he can't send a PM until he's reached 15 posts but I'm sure if he uses traditional e mail from peoples profiles then he can make contact that way

My e mail address is in there if anyone wants to use it and I'll pass the details along