7 replies to this topic

#1 Pescador Pablo

Pescador Pablo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

Hello Fellow Anglers

Just about to move to Long Eaton, between Derby and Nottingham, and would like your advice.
1. I prefer river fishing, (all species), so what's the best club to join, or where are the good day ticket waters?
2. I used to fish Attenborough gravel pits some 40 years ago. Who controls it now?

Any information would be fantastic.

#2 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

Hi and welcome to AnglersNet. I am not familiar with that area (too far for me to travel) but hopefully someone will be.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#3 Errrm

Errrm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

Hello Fellow Anglers

Just about to move to Long Eaton, between Derby and Nottingham, and would like your advice.
1. I prefer river fishing, (all species), so what's the best club to join, or where are the good day ticket waters?
2. I used to fish Attenborough gravel pits some 40 years ago. Who controls it now?

Hi,

Have a look at www.burtonmutual.co.uk they have stretches of the dove and trent.

Errrm

#4 WaspGrub

WaspGrub

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hello Fellow Anglers

hi fellow angler do you remeber jack feney [with the stick] he was the baliff in the 60s i also fished the graves at that time anyway best try solgers and salors or the shaftesbury club both at sawley long eaton tight lines

#5 Pescador Pablo

Pescador Pablo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

Bloody 'ell Waspgrub, I f you remeber it from the 60's, and are still a Junior Member they must sell some amazingly magic beer up there!
I can see the headlines now. 'Fountain of Eternal Youth discovered in Sawley'

I remember John the baliff, special constable I think, from when I fished the Harrington Arms stretch in the 90's .

Now I see someones nicked the island; should have kept him on!!

#6 Pescador Pablo

Pescador Pablo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

Waspgrub, seriously though, do you know who controls the Attenborough pits now, and what the fishing like?

#7 WaspGrub

WaspGrub

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:27 AM

Waspgrub, seriously though, do you know who controls the Attenborough pits now, and what the fishing like?

I think it is leisure sport, members only no day tickets, fishing not as good as it used to be fishes well after a lot of rain as the erawash runs into it and colours it up .
I remember john as well he used to run the heart foundation matches from the harrington arms

#8 gasy2you

gasy2you

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

welcome