staffs worcester canal pike

ben88

well theres plenty of gudgeon, not so many perch though.

i think it may be possible there are pike there as i have seen one person roving the banks, lure gear at hand.

think next time im there ill put out a pike bait.

hmmmm really

Whatever you do Ben, do your research first if you are going to fish for pike. Forgive me if I am beating a well worn drum, but pike fishing requires a little extra in terms of tackle such as wire traces, unhooking mats, correct tackle for removing hooks etc.

It's not like switching from chub to roach where you can carry on with pretty much the same.

Rather than putting out a pike bait as an extra I would personally give it an all or nothing approach. Give it your full concentration or else just fish for other species.

Sorry if I sound patronizing, that is not my intention, honestly. :)

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

ben88, Yes there a fair amount of them in the canals around Wolverhampton I fished a match a few weeks ago by Wobaston bridge and we where plagued with them, must have had two pound of roach pinched of the hook.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

i understand all of your concern.

i think ill take the all or nothing approach.

me and my friend have been out and brought ourselves all the tackle needed (forceps, pliers, small wire cutter thingys, traces, respooled out reels with line mine at 17lb breaking strain but for the canal as it is v.small will be using the braid wich an A.N member sent me. we also have an unhooking mat and large landing net).

hmmmm really