Lower Itchen fishery - Fish-in ??

darrell.cook

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave the thread run and phone the fishery Friday. Hopefully by then we'll have a few more interested.

Any one have an e-mail addy for Gray Catchpole ? I've lost touch with him since I moved south, I'm sure he'd enjoy this one.

Cost for a day ticket is £17, parking on the river bank - gravel track. There's a pub just below the stretch, so we can discuss the one that got away over a pint afterwards !

I have a club ticket on the stretch above, and often take 2lb grayling. I've had pike to low doubles and chub around 4lb. Fair to say that the Lower Itchen holds quality fish, I'm sure everyone will be pleased.

Guest sslatter

darrell.cook: "There's a pub just below the stretch, so we can discuss the one that got away over a pint afterwards !"

..and feed the resident shoal of chub from the pub garden- two around the 6lb mark, Usually 10-15 fish there. Almost tame.