- - - - -

Stoney, Yateley and Anglers' Net

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Elton_*

Guest_Elton_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 08:47 PM

Spoke to Stoney the other day about his event to raise money for the Macmillan nurses at Yateley on September 7-9th.

I try to go to these whenever I can, and there's usually a few from these forums there (although we kinda failed to meet up last time!).

Anyway, Stoney reckoned that it would be great if he set aside a whole lake just for AN forum posters. This would mean about 30 of us getting together. I believe the cost is 20 for the whole weekend (correct me if I'm wrong here, Stoney).

After I finished chuckling, I picked myself up off the floor and said, "Stoney, as much as I admire your faith in mankind, I do believe that you're stretching it a bit if you think you can get thirty of the AN mob together for a weekend of fishing, eating and maybe even some drinking. They're all talk, mate Posted Image

Who's going to prove me wrong?

Go on, I dare you....think about it, a whole lake to ourselves.

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------
Anglers' Net
Keeping It Virtual...

#2 Guest_NickInTheNorth_*

Guest_NickInTheNorth_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 09:00 PM

Never one to pass up a challenge, I'll be there.

If I can make it from Yorkshire, then hopefully no one from further south has much of an excuse.

If there are enough people interested to make it worth it I may even arrange a mini-bus and pick people up on the way.

Cheers Elton

Nick

#3 Guest_Paulg_*

Guest_Paulg_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 09:26 PM

No problem, dependant on family, I'll be there, which lake on the RMC complex are we looking at ?

#4 Guest_Alan Roe_*

Guest_Alan Roe_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 09:37 PM

With this ammount of notice I'm in!!

#5 Guest_Jonty_*

Guest_Jonty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 09:49 PM

It's a possibility, Elton - but can I have a little more information on the water itself, please ??

Jonty

#6 Guest_big al_*

Guest_big al_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 10:46 PM

ok elton i like a challange how,s this for a responce ,not sure if i can make it don,t care.i will pay the 20 whatever.
now the good bit i work for Lloyds Tsb.they run a scheme to double the amount raised up to 500 so if only 25 of us agree thats a cool grand for macmillion nurses.so come on down boys and girls,for each of you pledging 20 you will raise 40 for charity and have a good time doing it.will look forward to the deluge later cheers big al

#7 Guest_gray-catchpole_*

Guest_gray-catchpole_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 11:48 PM

im up for it, i will rally up the rest of the taffy sheep and see what they think Posted Image

------------------
gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

#8 Guest_NickInTheNorth_*

Guest_NickInTheNorth_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2001 - 03:07 AM

Hey Elton

Looks like you could be right, its taking some time to get to 30

Nick

#9 Guest_Gaffer_*

Guest_Gaffer_*