My Record Wild brown trout from the TWEED

cannibalspinners

All,

You'all all don't talk much about knocking fish for the pot. Over here there is always plenty of discussion about "what to eat" from wild water. Among brown trout anglers (Salmo trutta) populations no one think (well, many) you should only eat trout in the under 2 lb range. Bigger fish are thought to accumulate copper and zinc at unhealthy levels. (Other heavy metals as well if they occur). (Edit: don't eat bigger fish).

Same is true for carp. Shouldn't eat carp over about 5 lbs. Not that they are "bad" it's just that you can run the risk they are bad - Hg accumulation.

Do you consider this an issue before taking a fish for the pot?

Phone

Its just that i have eaten them for nearly 40 years & i feel none the worse for it

In fact i feel great after i have had a trout for tea

the taste is out of this world

nothing on the shelves of tesco can compete

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redfin2
Its just that i have eaten them for nearly 40 years & i feel none the worse for it

In fact i feel great after i have had a trout for tea

the taste is out of this world

nothing on the shelves of tesco can compete

The point Phone was making was the size of the trout, sub 2lbs are the 'prime' cuts it would seem, the potential build up of any toxins in a fish of the size might be a factor.

However you do say you feel 'great' after a trout for tea, so unless you are 'glowing' with heath I guess you shouldn't worry, just yet :D

Guest Wilko 09
........a post is very easy to remove without removing it you merely dont bite and it slips away into obscurity

........unless the author keeps resurrecting it.

How much more is there to say that hasn't already been said, this is just going around in circles.

........unless the author keeps resurrecting it.

How much more is there to say that hasn't already been said, this is just going around in circles.

And on that note

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL AND I MEAN EVERYONE

ALL THE BEST FOR THE 2012 SEASON

FISHING & YOUR HEALTH

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com