Delkims

Dave H

As this is session carping i thought i would throw you a discussion on Delkims. I have been out of carping for a while so i am in the market for one. i did put a similar post up in the coarse fishing session and was told that the basic delkim is now about £50!. I was stunned as 20 years a go they were way out of my price range at about atleast £50 for basic and with 20 years of increase i could not believe it.

So off i typed surfing through the Delkims and as usual you have the basic and then the 'Bells and whistles' one at 4 times the price.

I thought to myself what do i want?

Well maybe an old fart i am but 1 light for indication and 2 a light for switch on/off although not really assential. Volume off coarse . Now i come to the rest 'Xmas tree lights' for what . vubration and i know there is more but the fish runs and it makes a buzz yeah, what's with the space shuttle controls?

I am not saying what a waste of money because if you want that then go and get it it's your money and tell the likes of me to sod of!!

The thing is the testing is in the eating so can we assume that a weekends carping session will proove that the £200 will put you more on the bank than the £50 all things equal regarding fish etc.....I dunno but i know some of you lot will so enlighten me guys as if money is no object is it really just 'Justifyable'to spend more?

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hawk,

Do a little personal research. Technology and competition have worked in your favor!!! You can get every bell and whistle (remote for half mile) and have money left over. Alarms are like hand held calculators of the 60's. Don't buy used as the new stuff is better and cheaper. Ohh, don't be afraid to go "off brand" by recommendation. The guys will steer you straight.

Phone

(I only sight fish).

Hawk,

Do a little personal research. Technology and competition have worked in your favor!!! You can get every bell and whistle (remote for half mile) and have money left over. Alarms are like hand held calculators of the 60's. Don't buy used as the new stuff is better and cheaper. Ohh, don't be afraid to go "off brand" by recommendation. The guys will steer you straight.

Phone

(I only sight fish).

i am not sure i would feel comftable buying 2nd hand on E-bay anyway. I have always said to myself never but anything Electrical on there. You have no idea if water has got in and whether they work right and you have paid good money.

I like the new Delkim Evo or the new Fox as mentioned above . As for off brand i have not got a clue?

It has been said many times on here before by many knowledgeable anglers but if you want a bite alarm that does what it says on the box you need look no further or spend more money

http://www.gfbitealarms.com/

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

It has been said many times on here before by many knowledgeable anglers but if you want a bite alarm that does what it says on the box you need look no further or spend more money

http://www.gfbitealarms.com/

The Trades description Act says it has too.

Although i have no doubt The Badge of a product hypes up the price and they make a big margin they still have a reputation to keep.

I am told by very knowledgable Anglers you say this is the product regardless of what is on the tin?

So please convince me Guys who use them on here why i should have one....

Edited by Hawk

I've been using Good Fishing Alarms for a great many years and have repeatedly recommended them.

1) They're very well designed including being suitable for use with rods with smaller rings, not just carp rods.

2) You buy them direct from the maker meaning that they're excellent value for money as you cut out both the importer and the tackle shop.

3) They're British made with British components

4) Most of all they're utterly reliable.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've been using Good Fishing Alarms for a great many years and have repeatedly recommended them.

1) They're very well designed including being suitable for use with rods with smaller rings, not just carp rods.

2) You buy them direct from the maker meaning that they're excellent value for money as you cut out both the importer and the tackle shop.

3) They're British made with British components

4) Most of all they're utterly reliable.

Steve.

Thankyou for the reccommendation i shall bare them in mind :)

If you want to see the GF alarms in use and you've got Sky TV look out for the regular repeats of the perch programme I did for the Predators series.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I must admit that I like "nice"tackle! I wouldnt say Im a "Tackle Tart" in the conventional sense as Im not that swayed by "labels" I do insist everything does the job 100% though.....and if it doesnt it gets binned!

Not many alarms Ive not used and to be honest most these days are "useable" BUT many are over priced! be this because of the "label" or simply that they have to many "extra features" which are often unnesesary. The choice of which one is "best" can be very personal and really down to what each individual uses them for and so whay they require.

If I had to reccomend one I would have to say any of the Fox Microns........but at second hand prices not new! Not a lot that can be wrong with them/easily repaired.

You dont want to buy second hand then brand new you wont go far wrong (certainly best value for money new} with the allready mentioned GF Alarms.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Delkims are the best alarms I have ever used and if you are after super sensitive alarms I doubt there are many much better. But are they really worth paying so much more then other manufacturers, I am just not sure. I use the TXI Plus so that I can use a receiver and now I have them I would not consider swapping them for anything else. But I am sure that I could have got some very good other alarms for a fraction of the price.

If you do want Delkims and do not require a remote receiver then the EV range have the same vibration technology (Which is the the thing about Delkims that I feel sets them apart from other alarms) as the TXI's but at half the price. But if you need a receiver I am sure others can steer you in the direction of more alarm for your buck. But the modern Delkims are awsome but also rather over priced. Oddly for what is such a good alarm they have one dreadful feature, the battery panel does not stay on very well. For something so expensive you would expect such an important detail to be perfect.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek