Delkims

Dave H

all they need to do is let you know when you have a bite so why pay so much for them

Thats like saying why would you want a bentley when a nova has the same amount of seats. Thats the great thing about free will. I'd rather spend my money on tackle for a hobby i love than have a 25 grand car (probably like most with 22 grand on tick)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats like saying why would you want a bentley when a nova has the same amount of seats. Thats the great thing about free will. I'd rather spend my money on tackle for a hobby i love than have a 25 grand car (probably like most with 22 grand on tick)

but do you catch the big fish because you spend the big money

it does not make you a better angler becasue your fishing alarm costs more then others fishing alarms

they all do the same thing and go BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB when you get a bite

the ones that cost a lot of monewy might play your best song when you get a bite but all it still tells you is you have a bite and so i would rather my alarm just goes bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb and i still have my money to spend on oither things

but if you like your alarm to play your best song when you catch a fish that is up to you but i happy with mine just going BBBBBBB BBBBBB BBBBBBBBB

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

Ah azrael thats the whole point very often the real cheap ones dont!

You are paying for longevity, reliability and confidence. Not to mention sensetivity and versatility. Imagine fishing for pike with an alarm that only beeps with every half inch of travel, the trebles would be hanging out of the pikes sphincter before you knew you had any idea there was anything there.

Ever fished slack line chod rigs, ive seen fish travel 40 yards with no indication on roller alarms, thats just irresponsible angling.

Granted money should be spent on bait first off but once you have a good bait why not get the best of everything else. Thats the trouble with instant carp anglers that are about now, they have to buy all their gear in one lump. I can get that not everyone wants to put such an outlay out all at once but if you are building up your tackle then it makes sense to buy the best (within reason). Buy cheap, buy twice.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

very good advice I learn good advice. thank you

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

I think the reason i went for the new Fox micron MX is for £30 you get quite a cheap alarm with a good brand (and you cant really say that much of that is the brand within a reasonable mark up).

The other factor for me was Rain. I have had cheaper ones and they were useless in it. That alone is worth spending (if you go for the basic fox £25) an extra £10 surely. how much is a bag of Boilies?. How much is two packs of hooks. Let's put this into perspective here. ;)

And yes you just want it to go Beep Beep but in the Rain they don't or if they do to start the session in the rain three hours into it they won't!

On the other end of the scale 'Delkims' are bells and whisles' you do not need and you pay for it. I do not know if perhaps they have become better over the last 15 years but i had Microns which had vibration alarm. They were the biggist pain in the arse as far as i was concerned. Heavy rain set them off and i set them off just walking about. Even on the minimum they were a pain.

I switched the vibration off but i had paid an extra £30 for it . What a waste of the extra money.

Cheap basic Microns...You can't go wrong!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

On the other end of the scale 'Delkims' are bells and whisles' you do not need and you pay for it. I do not know if perhaps they have become better over the last 15 years but i had Microns which had vibration alarm. They were the biggist pain in the arse as far as i was concerned. Heavy rain set them off and i set them off just walking about. Even on the minimum they were a pain.

I switched the vibration off but i had paid an extra £30 for it . What a waste of the extra money.

Cheap basic Microns...You can't go wrong!

Delkims have a huge sensitivity range, from less than a mm up to a couple of inches iirc, and you can adjust them to suit the conditions that you're facing.

I've never had a problem with rain setting them off, or wind bites, and undertow, its all down to how you set the sensitivity on them, I've used mine in subzero weather and 35c + heat without problems. Simply can't fault them.

I'm not anyway associated or sponsored by Delkim, everything I say is my own opinion and views from nearly 20 years experience with the alarms

I've owned several makes of alarm, mostly the cheaper end of the market, and the only ones that were affected by rain were the original Optonics. This was easily cured by allowing to dry out on a radiator for a day or so, then coating the electronics with varnish.

All the other makes had the electronics protected with a coating of some sort.

Switches have been a problem, especially the little push button types,and is the main reason for failure, and, of course, the sender unit for the remote, unreliable on a couple of makes.

Now I admit that I rarely dry off my alarms, I simply put them in the back of the van (still on pod) and get them out again the next day, or if it's Friday, then the following Monday :) so they do get some punishment.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I think i might be referring to 15 years a go so perhaps i need to get with it more. The cheaper ones then (although there were not to many) really were terrible i guess they have probaly moved on a bit in Techno unlike me :rolleyes:

i was not having a go at the delkims SI it was more that damn vibrating thing but again i am probably in the past again. I think perhaps i should keep me mouth shut on the techno side of things until i catch up. Silly old git! :wheelchair:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon