Martin Salter and Mark Lloyd fail to deliver again

andy_youngs

I've just been banned from the Fishing Magic forum for a period of 1 month. Reason : I criticised Mark Lloyd and provoked a public reply from Martin Salter who challenged me to a public debate.

I accepted, and requested that he send me a personal message so that we could arrange things.

He failed to send me a message, and the FM forum then banned me.

I've got a hunch that Elton has a bit more about him. Are you going to ban me Elton, or can we discuss this?

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry phone, don't mean to bore you, you've been a good supporter.

You are correct that I am stuck in a bit of fight with the hierachy of the Angling Trust at the moment. They've just appointed an ex MP to the Board, who publicly agreed on a rival forum to meet me and engage in a public debate. But no sooner had he done so, than the editer locked the thread and banned me from the forum for a period of 1 month.

This is the link : http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/fm-news-feature-comments/

If you want to help, then send the editer a message telling him that he's a w******r.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Sorry phone, don't mean to bore you, you've been a good supporter.

You are correct that I am stuck in a bit of fight with the hierachy of the Angling Trust at the moment. They've just appointed an ex MP to the Board, who publicly agreed on a rival forum to meet me and engage in a public debate. But no sooner had he done so, than the editer locked the thread and banned me from the forum for a period of 1 month.

This is the link : http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/fm-news-feature-comments/

If you want to help, then send the editer a message telling him that he's a w******r.

Thanks,

Andy

FM is a sorry place these days and has been since Graham handed over the reigns.A shame.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

FM is a sorry place these days and has been since Graham handed over the reigns. A shame.

I don't know who Graham is Budgie. All I know is that FM is edited by Geoff Maynard, and I've been treated me like s**t, and AN is edited by Elton Murphy and I've always been treated ok here.

I accept that I have controversial views about navigation rights which do not sit easily with some anglers, but I have NEVER promoted people being banned or prevented from having their say.

I'm afraid I'm still spitting venom about the sheer arrogange of these people Budgie. How dare Martin Salter presume to offer me a public debate and then retract on it? This man is a Director of the Angling Trust for Christ's sake. Are there no directors of the AT who read this forum?

Edited by andy_youngs

Graham Marsden was the driving force behind Fishing Magic from the start (it was hosted by a company called Magelica) he left a few years ago.A bit of controversy never frightened him and any way he was far to savvy to fall for the AT's guff! Site (IMO) Site went down hill in all areas after he left.

Any time Andy you stick to your guns mate. Ive known for a long time that the AT would fail its just that the damage they are doing in the mean time is just adding more and more nails to "Angling Unities" coffin and alienating yet another generation of anglers hoping for representation.

By the time all the sad old faces have died they will have screwed it up so much that even when a new group of faces come along to try and get the job done the whole concept of "Angling Unity" and representation for all will simply have been tarred beyond recovery.

I'm sure you know all the people I'm on about as they have been lurking in angling politics as members of many "new" angling bodies (all have which have failed by making the same mistakes) for a lot of my adult life. Ironically I bet some will end up with gongs for it as well!

yeah, makes you wonder why our parents bothered fighting the last 2 world wars.

we just hand it all over to people like Martin Salter so they can build little private empires and then prevent others from having their say.

Edited by andy_youngs

You start by saying, and I quote, "This guy is a fascist". Don't suppose you'll have anything chitty to say that could top that? Phone

Actually phone, I didn't start that way. I called the general AT polilcy facsism about halfway through the thread. A mod asked me to edit it, and I refused. As a result, one of the mods wrote to me telling me that I had been given 3 points. I queried what that meant, and he expained that the points would be valid for a month, and if I reached 12 points then I would be banned.

I told him to stop being so bloody stupid, and that he should either ban me or shut up.

I really don't see how you can describe that as no fun. I found it enormously entertaining.

Edited by andy_youngs