Otter

JV44

Hello all,

Interesting debate on a emotive subject,if you care about your fishing and wildlife.As I am sure the people calling for a cull/management or even harvesting of Otters do. We as humans are the Apex predator and can quite easily cull any specie as we have done for millennia.But that does not make it right does it?

Or is it that the point Mr Roberts is trying to make that we should cull, because we live in a man made world ,or so we/anglers think.

He does have a point about the bad thinking behind the prior release of the Otters i.e. little thought gone into food resources of the areas of reintroduction.But I am sure nature will balance things out and, in the meantime a few fisheries and rivers will see a dip in fish stocks.

If we as fishermen cannot accept this then it is a sad day for us.It will be a real home goal if people start culling and the press will hang us out to dry if they ever get any evidence of this happening.

Fingers crossed for the future.

Jeremy

Hummmmm, me being a little suspicious, do you have an aka by any chance?

Quote:

admin says:

February 1, 2012 at 5:27 pm

See, I told you Jeremy Kyle was on in ten minutes…

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hummmmm, me being a little suspicious, do you have an aka by any chance?

Quote:

admin says:

February 1, 2012 at 5:27 pm

See, I told you Jeremy Kyle was on in ten minutes…

Now now Barry! Jeremy has so far been quite diplomatic in his views regarding otters and Mr. Roberts....after all, his view on Mr. Roberts' site was quite sensible. All views should be tolerated and patience allowed..after all, this subject could have huge implications regarding angling in the UK once it goes "Global"

My guess is that the "Jeremy Kyle" (whoever he is) reference is a cagey nomme de plume for an as yet unknown person..(that knows the Teme)...could be a fishing buddy of mine for all I know!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Now now Barry! Jeremy has so far been quite diplomatic in his views regarding otters and Mr. Roberts....after all, his view on Mr. Roberts' site was quite sensible. All views should be tolerated and patience allowed..after all, this subject could have huge implications regarding angling in the UK once it goes "Global"

My guess is that the "Jeremy Kyle" (whoever he is) reference is a cagey nomme de plume for an as yet unknown person..(that knows the Teme)...could be a fishing buddy of mine for all I know!

Yes i understand allowing a bit of lattitude, however they have an uphill battle in providing anything credible to counter the facts that the release more than a decade ago had made no significent difference to the otters recovery. As very few of them share the same dna. It was due to natural recovery of the existing stock that had spread out from different areas of the uk.

Welcome jessa btw.I note when you first applied to join, your screen name appears wrong, you have appeared to have pressed the 't' as opposed to a 'y' (close together on the keyboard) If you ask the mods nicely, they will alter it for you. :thumbs:

Hope you get out today Nick look forward to the foto's mate. :thumbs:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Why do your posts take so long to appear?

New members posts are checked by the mods, until you hit a certain amount of posts. I think it's 15.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Sorry you have either not read my post properly or deliberately avoid the facts

Its the Waveney ... I am talking of and the waveney has never been stocked.

John

I wasn't aware that chub were native to the waveney

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Guest redfin2
New members posts are checked by the mods, until you hit a certain amount of posts. I think it's 15.

That must (is) very annoying when you need to fire off a quick retort and by the time it appears the point you are making was yesterdays news :D

Is it any wonder people are leaving forums such as this for Twitter?

And can you imagine the likes of you lot being limited to one liners :D What would the likes of you Budgie, Anderloo, Worms et all do to fill there days .Fish? :o