the man who wants every zander dead

mark barrett

if you wish to register a protest and I hope you all do, the contact email address for complaints (and commendations uh!) is

enquiries@environment-agency.gov.uk

[ 24. February 2004, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you beat me to it gerry, but well done mate.

i would urge ALL pike and zandr anglers to do this.it takes no time at all, but we need to protect our stocks against this sort of behaviour.

the next time it could be your fishing that is effected

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

I will have a go. Might also be worth writing to Anglers Mail!!

Re the 3 meter rule. Worrying that one of our own was not aware of the rule. I do think the EA could go to far greater lengths to inform as well as to prosecute. They are a public body, accountable to the public. The Ombudsman approach is a very effective route. Complain as Gerry has suggested. Ask for a response AND demand that the EA prosecute. Keep copies of complaint and response. Inform the EA that you intend to submit your complaint to the Ombudsman, then do so.

cheers Pete very good idea.

i have spoken to an EA bailliff and he has told me that it is an unwritten policy of the EA not to prosecute OAP's. if that is so then why bother with an OAP license?

also i have spoken to the guy involved in the 3 metre rule and we are talking inches not feet.

also the EA were informed of this persons activities before and would not put in an operation to catch him. he was also selling his catch, not eating it imself as he claims.

this guy should have the book thrown at him, regarless of age.

Mark Barrett

If he was selling his catch then I wonder if he also exceeded the daily allowence. I also wonder why there is no mention of pike or eels. I say this because night lines are not selective in what they catch. If perhaps the ZAC, PAC, SAA, the Eel clubs and even the NAA were to demand a response, and to do so very publically, then maybe something would happen.

there was mention of pike peter. he claimed that he put them back, or at least tried to. hmmmm considering the gorge tactics employed we can all imagine what sort of a state they would have been in?

Mark Barrett

Have been doing a spot of trawling on predator sites. Seems that both Collins and the EA are getting a bit of a rough ride, as they should, on this one. I also think the Martin Salter M.P. should be asked to look into this one. Anyone know his e-mail address, please?

Regarding the 3 metre rule, where is the measurement taken. If one has the rods splayed like ¦/ is it at the butt end or the tip end. Or maybe the average. And if the ruling is 3 metres (in old money thats 9.8 feet) , how can the offence be measured in inches, or does something get lost in the translation.

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not