Would you share your secret bait?

Dave H

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

The "link" is not working (at least not right now). If I ask can/will you say?

On my rather extensive list of "ingredients and baits for carp" I have "whitebait" as cockles. I have no other "whitebait" ingredients.

Just wondering?

Phone

Whoops! Link sorted now. Any further problems click on the link in my signature to see all my articles here on AN.

Whitebait are simply the fry of sprats and herrings. The ones I use are typically 3 to 4 inches in length.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Whoops! Link sorted now. Any further problems click on the link in my signature to see all my articles here on AN.

Whitebait are simply the fry of sprats and herrings. The ones I use are typically 3 to 4 inches in length.

And i tell you what put them in breadcrumbs and fry them and squeeze some fresh lemon on them and they are gorgeous as a nice starter with a nice glass of white wine...Not too sweet mind ;)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Hawk,

Are you suggesting that would constitute a carp bait? Surely you're not asking ME to eat that? YUCK!

Phone

some bait taste ok but fish taste beyter. i would not share bait as i would work hard to find bait to catch big fish and would have lots of blanks? trying to find big fish and do not do good to share let others find there own bait. i have shared fish of not wanting than.

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

If I were fishing somewhere I wasn't going back to, then I would share my "secret", but what secret would it be? Are there any secret baits out there? I bet if I told a bloke which bait I was using, then the next time he fished he would probably still blank and then change baits again!

I have been very secretive in the past, even leaving a decoy bait on show :) :) silly bloke fell for it :) blanked all season............serves him right.......find your own bait :) This was many years ago. One guy took to delving down my bait bag, so I made up some huge baits, and "allowed" him to steal some of them..............he never poked around in my bag again :)

The first time I fished The Kennet, I was with a guy who was part of a small group who had been sharing a bait and prebaiting with it for several seasons....very succesfully too. He gave me some of those baits. When we packed up, he asked me to give him back the bait I had left over, a request that I happily agreed to.

On a final note,for the last 9 years, up until this season, I fished with a guy who makes his own bait, catches a lot of fish consistently, and yet I would not dream of asking him to share his "secret" with me. Bit by bit I have found out though :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

poledark,

Over here it is much easier (usually) for wild carp. The only question is, "what brand of canned sweetcorn are you using?" Believe it or not there are those who believe "brand" of sweetcorn makes a difference. Actually, it may matter for crispness or kernel size. Oddly the cheaper the tin the more likely the kernels will be big and tough.

Phone

The only thing that surprises me is that you would have to ask the question. I could understand it in match fishing but not if you are just fishing for fun. What difference would it make to you if he catches?

When fly fishing you would not only share what fly you are catching on but if you had spares you would give them one and probably have long discussions on how deep, speed etc it should be fished.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Done it countless times especially on some of the easier commercials ive been to, even to the point where i put some on and told people where to put it. Granted it took a while to work out but i feel that the more the fish stay feeding the easier they are to catch. would still show people on harder waters but they very rarely take any notice.