Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever had to produce your Licence ever?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: How many times have YOU WHO HAVE FISHED FOR 5 YEARS + BEEN ASKED TO PRODUCE YOUR LICENCE? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN ASKED TO SHOW YOUR LICENCE ONLY 5 YEARS OF FISHING EXPERIENCE CAN VOTE PLEASE

1. NEVER (18 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. ONCE (13 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

3. TWICE (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. THREE (11 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

5. FOUR (5 votes [6.94%])

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

6. FIVE (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

7. SIX (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

8. SEVEN (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

9. EIGHT (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. NINE (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. TEN + (12 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 essexboy

essexboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

In 50 years of fishing in Essex Co.Durham and the Cotswolds it wasn't until I moved to Cornwall that I was ever challenged and that at only one location, Lakeview Country club near Bodmin where you are required to show your licence at every visit.
Sad show on the part of E.A. isn't it.

#42 wunwetfoot

wunwetfoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, fishing and fishing.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

The poll is quite simple. For those only please that have fished for more than 5 years how many times have you been asked to produce your licence?

In 20 years for me...Once!

In my 49 years "on the bank" a grand total of 4 times. 3 of them in the season just ended, but then I do fish the free section of the River Itchen in Hampshire along with numerous "didn't know I needed one or left it at home" 's and "no speak English" 's. The EA guys have a field day on every visit (although I would like to know the percentage of prosecutions to poachers caught). I wouldn't like their job, they are always in pairs and have to wear stab vests!
"....you should have been here yesterday!"

#43 Dave H

Dave H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

In my 49 years "on the bank" a grand total of 4 times. 3 of them in the season just ended, but then I do fish the free section of the River Itchen in Hampshire along with numerous "didn't know I needed one or left it at home" 's and "no speak English" 's. The EA guys have a field day on every visit (although I would like to know the percentage of prosecutions to poachers caught). I wouldn't like their job, they are always in pairs and have to wear stab vests!

I can tell you very few get to court. always settled outside like most offences in this country...courts all clogged up with 'no win no fee' ****!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

#44 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,815 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

I can tell you very few get to court. always settled outside like most offences in this country...courts all clogged up with 'no win no fee' ****!

most no win no fee are settled out of court ,saves on the court fees and publicity when they are found guilty of this or that if it goes through the courts ;)
generally the companies solicitors wont take up a claim unless theres overwhelming blame otherwise they lose out

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#45 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

I clicked the 10 + option, but only because many years ago when Regional Licenses were in effect, us Yorkshire clubs fished on the Trent a lot.

The Trent bailiffs were always on the ball as they knew when a Yorkshire Club had booked to fish a Trent venue & were after potential easy pickings!!!

I always had mine though.

I'd have otherwise probably clicked Never or Once re my usual, Yorkshire River stamping grounds.

You also had the right to see their I.D. first!!

Another thing was the checking of Year Books by Yorkshire bailiffs.

"Can I see yer Year Book Kid" - to which I always replied - "Can I see yours First".

Anyone with a year book had the Authority to check another Anglers one.

I never did - wasn't up for being chucked In lol. There's some Handy Lads where I'm from.

Edited by Martin56, 04 May 2017 - 11:16 PM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#46 Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
  • Interests:Coarse, game and sea angling. Cars, gardening, cooking, lousy guitar playing. Stuff.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

Mine still hasn't turned up, bought it on April 2nd.

#47 Wilko 09

Wilko 09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Coarse & Fly Fishing, Motorbikes.

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

I got asked once, back in the 70's when each authority had their own license, I was fishing the River Lea and never been asked since.

Oh dear, how sad, what a pity!

#48 Mat Hillman

Mat Hillman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  • Interests:Coarse fishing<br />Online poker<br />

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

I've been checked a few times,  can't remember exactly how many,  almost always on day ticket waters.  Although I do remember once being checked in the middle of nowhere on the kennet and avon canal - at least a mile from the nearest other anglers and carpark!

Mat

Mat

#49 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

I've been checked a few times,  can't remember exactly how many,  almost always on day ticket waters.  Although I do remember once being checked in the middle of nowhere on the kennet and avon canal - at least a mile from the nearest other anglers and carpark!

Mat

Did he have a bag of sweets by any chance   :shutup:

Edited by Martin56, 10 May 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#50 Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
  • Interests:Coarse, game and sea angling. Cars, gardening, cooking, lousy guitar playing. Stuff.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

Still no sign of mine.