Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever had to produce your Licence ever?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: How many times have YOU WHO HAVE FISHED FOR 5 YEARS + BEEN ASKED TO PRODUCE YOUR LICENCE? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN ASKED TO SHOW YOUR LICENCE ONLY 5 YEARS OF FISHING EXPERIENCE CAN VOTE PLEASE

1. NEVER (18 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. ONCE (13 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

3. TWICE (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. THREE (11 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

5. FOUR (5 votes [6.94%])

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

6. FIVE (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

7. SIX (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

8. SEVEN (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

9. EIGHT (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. NINE (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. TEN + (12 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 BoldBear

BoldBear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Golf and collecting Fishing Tackle and books.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

One of my clubs has given the gate keys to the local NRA enforcement officers so they can come onto the clubs private grounds any time they want and check members for rod licences and apparently they prosecuted 4 members last year who didn't have their rod licence.

However the controlling club have had a lot of help from them over the years such as emergency air pumps and boats and advice and sienne nets and help with fish stocking after pollution incidents from a local company that used to regularly pollute our estate lake etc. Although we had to rely on the ACA whenever it was necessary to bring the polluters to justice in the courts and get them to repay all of our costs; because the NRA just couldn't be relied on to do this for us in the past.

Thankfully the polluting company no longer emits their oxygen depleted and detergent rich waste water into the lake inlet stream and the lake and its fish has never been better, but the club still maintains a fairly good reporte with them.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear, 01 August 2017 - 11:32 PM.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

#62 barbelbarmy

barbelbarmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

I assume you mean your rod or environment agency liscense?

I answered never but it was a slight lie. I have been fishing for 40 years last July and have fished free (council) waters and club waters and have actually been asked once. However, on the one occasion asked i wasn't fishing and didn't have any tackle with me. I was walking my dogs by the river in the local park.