Discrimination

For those that don't know, I was banned from the Fishing Magic forum several months ago for promoting an open access canoe policy. I've never been given a proper explanation as to why I was banned, other than every time I try to log on a message comes up that "You have been banned for the following reason : Bringing FM into disrepute on another public forum. Date the ban will be lifted: Never".

I kinda get the feeling that I've upset someone important (good - bring it on)

The only meaningful feedback that I've received from the AN forum to date is this :

"Discrimination is a criminal offence and there is information issued by HMG on how to deal with this, in the first instance you should contact the site administrators and try to resolve the issue and advise them that failure to resolve the issue will result in court action. This is normally sufficient to put the wind up a site owner.

If that fails then you can take action either on your own or get in touch with the EHRC Helpline – the contact info of which are, England Email: info@equalityhumanrights.com Telephone: 0845 604 6610 Textphone: 0845 604 6620 Fax: 0845 604 6630 Helpline – Wales Email: wales@equalityhumanrights.com Telephone: 0845 604 8810 Textphone: 0845 604 8820 Fax: 0845 604 8830 Helpline – Scotland Email:scotland@equalityhumanrights.com Telephone: 0845 604 5510 Textphone: 0845 604 5520 Fax: 0845 604 5530"

At the time, I replied to this contributor that i was really too busy with other matters, and really didn't have the time to take the owners of the Fishing Magic forum to court.

But several months on, I'm having second thoughts.

You see, I can't contact the site admistrators, because they won't let me in. And they're starting to irritate me ....

What do you think I should do?

Edited by andy_youngs

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've honestly no idea, I guess you could poke the nest and see if it gets a rise? :D But I am curious... Where were you promoting open Canoe access? ;)

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Andy,

Looks as though they don't want you? Life is pretty short. You sure you want to put your dog in this fight? It may well be privately owned in which case - - - - - - - who's ox was gored is a matter of opinion - - - - - - you get the drift. Should you deeply care that would be my opinion. Drop it.

Phone

I am curious... Where were you promoting open Canoe access? ;)

I was promoting open canoe access everywhere on inland waterways. Point being that you can't restrict it, until you allow it.

I've nothing against restricting canoe access at certain times of the year where the angling is good, or where there are genuine environmental concerns. But I don't think privacy should be sufficient grounds for a landowner to prevent others from navigating a stretch of river.

I think the law is a bit of an arse at the moment, and it needs to be updated.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Andy,

Looks as though they don't want you? Life is pretty short. You sure you want to put your dog in this fight? It may well be privately owned in which case - - - - - - - who's ox was gored is a matter of opinion - - - - - - you get the drift. Should you deeply care that would be my opinion. Drop it.

Phone

Mate, I don't wan't to sound melodromatic, but did your ancestors really travel all the way across the seas and the plains and the prairies and the mountains just to be told by some bolshie little domain owner to drop it?

I don't think so.

Edited by andy_youngs

Hi Andy.

What makes you think that you being banned falls into the "discrimination" category?

I would think it is difficult to prove.

Good question Captain.

I do think there are profound freedom of speech issues at play here. How is it that a supposed 'public' forum can ban a citizen for expressing his views, and then continues to promote itself as a public forum which speaks on behalf of anglers?

You see, I can't contact the site admistrators, because they won't let me in. And they're starting to irritate me ....

What do you think I should do?

Forget it and move on, no matter how galling it is for you, you're on a hiding to nothing.

Just about any forum I've seen requires you to accept their terms and conditions when you register:-

Fish & Fly Ltd reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Website or any other Fish & Fly Ltd Site, or any portion thereof, without notice. Fish & Fly Ltd also reserves the right to remove any Content that it deems in its sole discretion to be unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions

Someone else is taking legal action against an owner of another forum web site for the same reason, even though the terms and conditions are quite clear. quite frackly i hope he is left with egg on his face, drop it ain't worth the hassel.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..