Angling Art Sculptures

Forgot to mention in my new member introduction that my other past-time is sculpting.

I have 2 piece for sale on eBay that I have Reverse Carved from blocks of acrylic, one is a Mirror Carp and the other is of a Perch.

If anyone is interested the links are:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=280875176736

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=280877560364

Critiques welcome :D

Simon.

1B9C24EF1E8644E89E14E7F77D3D3706.jpg

D69AB1DF0100435D8B39730849D47A28.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful pieces. I'm curious why you only sell to UK buyers since there are a few million of us who use eBay but live in other places.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Beautiful pieces. I'm curious why you only sell to UK buyers since there are a few million of us who use eBay but live in other places.

Hi Newt, good question and thanks for the compliment.

I didn't know how popular my work would be so I limited myself to UK buyers to test the water.

Also this last couple of weeks Royal Mail decided to considerably increase their prices which I figured may put some international buyers off purchasing.

However if anyone is interested I can provide international postage options, as I would be happy to send abroad.

Regards, Simon.

You normally attract buyers with a title that contains words they use when searching for things similar to those you are selling and by the info in your item specifics since words in the IS search about as well as those in the title. Very, very few buyers browse through categories but some do limit their search to one or two cats so you need to use the ones they would expect. You have 80 available characters and it is good to use as many of them as possible.

A couple of problems with your listings. If you use words in the title that don't directly relate to the item on offer, it is considered keyword spamming and can result in a listing being removed and a strike against your account.

Perch - Reverse Carved Sculpture - Korda/Fox dvd Inspired Fishing Rod Art

You can get away with a single mention of Korda Fox in the description but I'm not sure it would help. You absolutely should not use the struck-out words in your title

- its not Korda or Fox and not really related to a fishing rod

- no one will search for "dvd" when looking for art and no one will look for "inspired" at all.

I'm not sure how much benefit you get from "Reverse Carved Sculpture" since I don't know if any will look specifically for pieces done using that technique. I'd never heard of it until I saw your listings but I'm not up on current art terms.

As far as the P&P prices for international sales go, why not let potential buyers decide if it is too high or reasonable. I would suggest usually sending by the least expensive means and not bothering with any sort of tracking. It simply isn't cost effective in that it does reduce the number of sales you make and up to £60 (was £46 before the last price hikes) you can claim back from RM as long as you have proof of posting.

If you include P&P to Europe and to Rest of World Zone 1 & Rest of World Zone 2 in the listing, buyers from those areas will be able to see your listings from their home ebay site and if they win/buy, will pay the correct amount for P&P. Most buyers will not bother to contact you if there are no shipping charges shown plus only people signed on to eBay UK will be able to see the listings.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Much better title on that one.

I dunno if you are aware of it or not but with a BIN price on an auction, the first bid makes the BIN price vanish forever. Unless the BIN & auction start price are pretty close together, you'll rarely get someone doing an immediate buy.

Also, I'm not sure why you excluded PO box addresses. They are actually a bit safer than house addresses since the PO required positive ID to open the box and the chances of a mis-delivered or lost package are about zero. Many people who live where delivery to a regular address is iffy (student dorms, bad neighborhoods, etc.) will rent a PO box since it is safer for them.

Much better title on that one.

I dunno if you are aware of it or not but with a BIN price on an auction, the first bid makes the BIN price vanish forever. Unless the BIN & auction start price are pretty close together, you'll rarely get someone doing an immediate buy.

Also, I'm not sure why you excluded PO box addresses. They are actually a bit safer than house addresses since the PO required positive ID to open the box and the chances of a mis-delivered or lost package are about zero. Many people who live where delivery to a regular address is iffy (student dorms, bad neighborhoods, etc.) will rent a PO box since it is safer for them.

Thanks Newt, I'm pretty new at this online selling of my work and I'm still learning.

I'll leave the listings as they are for now so I don't dissuade any current watchers but make appropriate alterations on future listings.

I replied to your PM but it's not showing in my sent folder for some reason, did you receive it OK?

Simon.