River chelmer carp any tips (Essex)

Guest Chris Perch

Guest Chris Perch

Hi guys im thinking of starting the new season on the chelmer in chelmsford I know there are carp present as I have seen some small ones take floaters a couple of years back and would like to catch a river carp.

I have fished little baddow but not for carp but this area also seems apealing.

Any tips on other locations where i can find some carp and what size they go to???

Also should I go for a boilie aproach or fish maize/corn meat tigers etc

Edited by Chris Perch

Hi guys im thinking of starting the new season on the chelmer in chelmsford I know there are carp present as I have seen some small ones take floaters a couple of years back and would like to catch a river carp.

I have fished little baddow but not for carp but this area also seems apealing.

Any tips on other locations where i can find some carp and what size they go to???

Also should I go for a boilie aproach or fish maize/corn meat tigers etc

There's carp all through the chelmer over 30lbs too! Most have escaped from nearby lakes in flood. I would choose a spot and prebait with boilies and pellets maybe a week or so before you fish. Don't ignore the margins and at night is by far the best time to catch.

fish maize/corn meat tigers etc

i would leave out the tigers nuts as he would not be liking that and they not tasting very good but fish and mazie very good to eat

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur