600 or 10,000 which is it ?

glennk

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
The Sea Anglers Conservation Network has over 600 members, many of these being sea angling clubs and federations etc whose own memberships total to tens of thousands.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Consultation-Respon...B_Response.html

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Been through all that, cannot see any problems with what they are saying :D:D:D

Professionally I and my colleges have been consulted on the marine bill and it’s implementations from the highest level. I am legally unable to disclose those details, but what I can say is the words increasing manpower and enforcement are always mentioned when we have internal meetings to discuss the said bill.

Regards.

Been through all that, cannot see any problems with what they are saying :D:D:D

Professionally I and my colleges have been consulted on the marine bill and it’s implementations from the highest level. I am legally unable to disclose those details, but what I can say is the words increasing manpower and enforcement are always mentioned when we have internal meetings to discuss the said bill.

Regards.

A call for even more public money to be poured down the drain? They'll love it!

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

600 or 10,000 which is it?

It doesn't matter does it?

The Labour Party has how many members? Some of those are organisations with half a million members.

Same for the other pretenders!

A well aimed blow will often score better than an onslaught (petitions??!!).

I cannot understand one or two of you who keep knocking the only organisations we have to represent sea angling at the highest levels.

You've got choices in this so-called democracy of ours.

1. Become a councilor and have a say on a SFC or at local Borough/Town level (Byelaws have potency!).

2. Kowtow or be lucky(?) and be nominated for a SFC by Defra.

As Steve knows, for what?

3. Be lucky in life and get a Peerage and chair meetings to discuss national policies or write 'recommendations'.

4. Be an owner/chairman of a big conglomerate and tell Govt what to do.

5. Carry on regardless but encourage those who seem to be on your side! (After all you're too busy doing other things, aren't you??)

<_<

Hi Ha,

I find it quite annoying when an organisation like SACN put out such a message. Although they don't say they represent 10 000 people, indirectly this is the image they hope to create and before you know it they represent 10 000 anglers, 10,000 partners, 20,000 children and a fair sprinkling of cats and dogs and the odd budgie, hamster and gunie pig.

I am a member of SACN and one of the ones who is a member of an angling club in a senior position, does this mean Leon represents all the members of the Whitby fishing club ? I can hear the answers now - "Leon Who ?" Maybe he would like to come meet with his new found deciples and tell them of his plans, that way he could find out first hand if some of those 10,000 people agree with him.

I can fix you up with a spot at our AGM Leon In early September if you'd like to come give one of your presentations to anglers on the ground rather than the suites in the offices of parliament.

The truth is SACN represent 600 individuals, no more no less.

Edited by glennk

I am a member of SACN

I assume that's because you wanted to be, Glenn???

If it's the content of Leon's (SACN?) communications that bother you, why don't you make it clear to him/them which parts of his message you disagree with.

This seems like an 'internal' matter, rather than a criticism of the time and energy Leon and SACN put in to act on behalf of sea anglers.

Were it not for SACN, NFSA, ATA and other bodies, sea anglers would not have a voice at all.

<_<

Hi Ha,

I find it quite annoying when an organisation like SACN put out such a message. Although they don't say they represent 10 000 people, indirectly this is the image they hope to create and before you know it they represent 10 000 anglers, 10,000 partners, 20,000 children and a fair sprinkling of cats and dogs and the odd budgie, hamster and gunie pig.

I am a member of SACN and one of the ones who is a member of an angling club in a senior position, does this mean Leon represents all the members of the Whitby fishing club ? I can hear the answers now - "Leon Who ?" Maybe he would like to come meet with his new found deciples and tell them of his plans, that way he could find out first hand if some of those 10,000 people agree with him.

I can fix you up with a spot at our AGM Leon In early September if you'd like to come give one of your presentations to anglers on the ground rather than the suites in the offices of parliament.

The truth is SACN represent 600 individuals, no more no less.

Hi glennk

The powers to be (goverment/defra) have to forfill their agender, which I believe have been drawn up by the greens.

The powers to be have to implement the greens policies and in doing so have to make it appear that they have done it fairly

Wether you like it or not the powers to be accept SACN as the voice of angling, there is no one else that could possiblly assist the implementation of the greens policies and in way that makes it look like it has been done fairly

I believe The Marine Bill will consolidate and expand the govermments need for money, money, money from marine resources and to do that they need to sleep with the greens

Us commercials and anglers are only hear to help draw up the very legistration that will undermine our future sport and livihoods its like knocking in the last nails into your own coffin LOL LOL

steve