kev jones

new to forum, been fishing for many years (46 to be exact), for my sins i live in wolverhampton!!i fly fish,sea fish love running water feeder/waggler/stick. i am a member of several local fisheries where i tend to target the carp/specimen fish now due to an illness, which has slowed me down a great deal,i go to france once or twice a year one trip with wife (keep em happy) and a more serious one with fellow fanatics.

I had to retire from work in 2010 due to this brain injury (ruptured brain aneurysm while on fishing holiday in france) my 7 day stay turned into 21 days 6 of in intensive care.

Anyway i went into partnership with an old mate and we have set up our own fishing tackle business www.pkangling.com and we have a small retail outlet in meriden coventry where my mate lives .

And i can talk for england!! hopefully i can pass on some of my experience and tips and learn new ones too, old dog new tricks

you never stop learning in angling/fishing thats why we love the sport.

thanks for listening hope to hear from you soon.

kev jones

Hi Kev and welcome to Anglers' Net. Glad to have you and hoping your business does well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm impressed by the range you offer and I like a site that is clean & easy to navigate. It might be worth tweaking the code so the page resizes to fit whatever screen the reader is using rather than fixing it to a fairly narrow width.

I do not like the requirement to register on the site before ordering. It is nice as an option - and you could offer advantages such as the "one click ordering" that some sites make available - but as a requirement it is a bit offputting. I probably would not bother if I were only making a small purchase or if I made a purchased just to see if you were reliable.

Is there any particular reason for limiting your market to the UK only? I'd think you would want sales to wherever a potential buyer might live and international posting costs are easy to find. The EU would be dead easy with no import fees for buyers to worry about and no customs form needed. The rest of the world is nearly that easy since import fees are totally on the buyer (so you don't need to know anything about them) and the customs form is easy to deal with.

About 40-45% of my sales these days go overseas and I'd be hard pressed to do without them. Three of my last sales went to Australia, one went to the Netherlands, and one was domestic.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Kev - I'll be happy to help but I don't think this is the best place to swap ideas. Feel free to email me newt @ anglersnet.co.uk (remove the spaces).

Got it and sent a reply.

We have PM - it activates after the 15th approved post. We had to do it as an anti-spam measure.