Reel advice

Norm B

Norm B,

Out of my league now. I believe the 80 and 81 are year of manufacture. I don't remember but I believe you then have reel #'s 1980 reel #4 and 1981 reel #5. That would be very fortunate. Contact ABU.

Do the 80 and 81 years fit your "timing"?

Phone

Norm B,

Out of my league now. I believe the 80 and 81 are year of manufacture. I don't remember but I believe you then have reel #'s 1980 reel #4 and 1981 reel #5. That would be very fortunate. Contact ABU.

Do the 80 and 81 years fit your "timing"?

Phone

:lol: Early 80's would be about right as I had a Persian gulf trip coming up so some spare money in overseas allowances and I bought a load of new gear for the trip, as well as a freezer and food for the Mrs, with a bank loan, poor RN sailor in those days, probably the only AB in the RN with a mortgage. What about the 54 with the 79 date? This is getting interesting. :lol:

Edited by Norm B

Norm,

If I am correct on the 55's - it follows the 54's also. "1979 - 602nd reel". NOT Positive!!

You better contact ABU before I have the whole world following my (their) numbering formula.

Phone

Norm,

If I am correct on the 55's - it follows the 54's also. "1979 - 602nd reel". NOT Positive!!

You better contact ABU before I have the whole world following my (their) numbering formula.

Phone

:lol: I've sent an email to ABU with the details but the address is now in the UK, whereas these reels were made in Sweden so they may not have any details. We shall see. :lol:

:lol: I've sent an email to ABU with the details but the address is now in the UK, whereas these reels were made in Sweden so they may not have any details. We shall see. :lol:

:lol: Had a reply from ABU, UK. Seems the first numbers, 80, 81 etc are the date of manufacture followed by years spares will be available, followed by how many modifications have been made, not actually any serial no's. :lol: