Wingham Fish-In dates 2013

Steve Burke

Great, Viney!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I wonder where I put my Coarse Gear???? More importantly can I even remember how to use it?

• Like 1

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Strange but for me the AN Fish In is the "start" of the new seasons fishing for me.Despite it being a very busy time for us its allways an event I look forward to. I dont really get time to take the fishing to serious but really do enjoy meeting up again with old friends and putting faces to new ones. Most years I just plot up over on the carp lake and do a bit of Eeling.Fits in fine with the busy daytime schedule. I never fail to be amazed though that we are not allways fully booked (allthough seem to remember we were last year Steve?) Its a unique oportunity to fish not only a very exclusive syndicate water but also apreciate a wonderfull place.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Last year we had exactly the right number.

I always wonder why we're not overbooked every year, especially as the fish get bigger and bigger. Usually half the guests get a personal best.

One of the main reasons I think is that people feel intimidated. However there's no need to be! Guests get send a questionnaire so that I can allocate them a suitable swim to fit in with their experience and how and what they want to fish for. The bailiffs and I do our utmost to put guests on to fish. And in fact firstimers (we call them Wingham virgins) have a record of doing exceptionally well.

Not that it's just about the size of the fish. Wingham is beautiful, quiet and a haven for wildlife. Then of course there's the kraic, not to mention Peggy's BBQs.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Your right Steve! A lot of the guests I speak to/potential guests are "worried" that they wont be up to it! No matter how many times we tell them its just not that hard technically! As well as us "Syndicate Slaves" (Steve prefers the term "Baillif"!) there are allways several members on hand who gladly show Wingham Virgins the ropes! As long as the conditions are good its pretty easy going.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

"Syndicate Slaves" - now that one's going to stick, Budgie!

Yes, you do need a bit of luck at Wingham as it can be "peggy" if we get strong winds. But if guests do happen to blank they can always blame me for putting them into a duff swim!

How many waters are guests able to fish though where they have a 50/50 chance of a personal best in just one long weekend?

In that respect it reminds me a bit of pike fishing on trout reservoirs. If you get a take it could well be a monster. But at Wingham it could be a monster of a whole variety of species, or even a record! I still find that very exciting every time I fish at Wingham.

Edited by Steve Burke

Not that it's just about the size of the fish. Wingham is beautiful, quiet and a haven for wildlife. Then of course there's the kraic, not to mention Peggy's BBQs.

And this year the planting of Jan's trees. How are they doing Steve?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

As far as I know they're doing fine, but of course there are no leaves at this time of the year.

BTW, Rusty is a good example of a successful "Wingham virgin". What was the weight of your PB tench from Wingham?