• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BigSteve

BigSteve

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Morning all

Been lurking for a while and decided to sign up.

I'm a 43 year old IT consultant by day living between Manchester and Sheffield. I've been fishing on and off since l was about 6 and these days I tend to focus on pike, perch, tench, chub and carp - that said I'm generally just happy to be pond-side and catching anything is a bonus!!

My regular haunts are the waters of Glossop Angling Society, Brookside Fisheries Warrington, and Coombes Reservoir. I'm always happy to offer advice to developing anglers and meet up for a days angling.

Oh and about my nickname... I'm 6`5`` and love pies!!

Chat soon

BigSteve

#2 John S

John S

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,738 posts
  • Interests:Eating cage birds and missing out commas.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hello BigSteve and welcome to the forum :)

We have a few members from around that area so meeting up with some of them for a days fishing and a pie is very possible.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak,  Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Eyes4sml.jpg

#3 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yup. Welcome to Anglers' Net.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#4 BigSteve

BigSteve

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys! Now to prep up my piking gear ready for the weekend :)

#5 carpman1952

carpman1952

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

HI i am new to the forum i live in north wales and use most of the local fisherys in the north wales area and i also fish round congleton when i go to see the grand daughter and her mom and dad if you need any help about fishing in  north wales ask me and i will try to help you

#6 BigSteve

BigSteve

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

HI i am new to the forum i live in north wales and use most of the local fisherys in the north wales area and i also fish round congleton when i go to see the grand daughter and her mom and dad if you need any help about fishing in  north wales ask me and i will try to help you

Hi Carpman, thanks for the offer - will bear it in mind (and will reciprocate if you ever head this way)!

#7 Norsefish80

Norsefish80

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Angling, Reading, Music, Gigging, History...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Welcome BigSteve. I'm also new to the forum and can say the folks have been a great help!

#8 redtail

redtail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Welcome mate, I'm newish too

#9 shauntheprawn

shauntheprawn

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hello everyone im Shaun im new to this forum 2 I'm from Burnley 43yr of age, been catching fish 4 over 30yr. I fish 4 many species all over the north west of England. I enjoy pike fishing in winter and carp in summer. Im thinking of trying match fishing hence why ive joined this forum I'm sure I'll learn alot from you kind folks.

#10 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

shaun,

WELCOME!  You've tucked your first post in a thread from 2012.  Go ahead and start a new thread on a "subject of interest".  Generally speaking you'll get a response or two to break the ice.

I'll be of little help on match fishing.  Notice, under my name is my location - the US.  You can change (or add) that information from your profile.

Phone