Carp Tips!

Hi lads and ladies

Now as im on the banks alot of time,i get ask quite offen what method and rig setups i use?

Well i will share my tips to success on the banks!!

Winter can be very stress full on the carp anglers due to carp not feeding as much during the cold months!

When planning a fishing weather a day or weekend i go the day before and spend around 1 hour scanning the lake/river for movement of carp and there whereabouts.

I do throw in around 1kg of baits in possible areas where there be just to get them feeding before my fish.

in my 11 years of angling ive self taut myself 90% of what i know and also brought the kid that suits me!

Ok so the first thing you must understand during the winter months is?

The problem being that the colder conditions slows down the fishes motabolism (sp).Therefore the fish doesn't need as much food to survive! so fishing is alot harder!

Do i bait loads during winter?

I dont i like to send a pva mesh or stringer out with 3-4 boilies around my hook just to keep them there long enough to pick my hook up.

Feeding loads of boilies into your swim may get the carp feeding but my fill them up and then you may not get a bite at all.

If you come across carp feeding then put abit more bait in to keep them feeding!

What baits work best during winter?

Well me im a boilie man i like to you a spice boilie or high vis pop,other good boilies to you are mainline cell or any good fish meal base.

Dont turn your nose up at maggots and worms these have caught me some big fish over the years and also 6mm pellets work very well.

Rigs?

Now i think rigs are what you like to use,

chod rig,blow back rig and heli rig are the rigs i like,due to more success on these than any other rigs ive used.

Hope this has helped

Regards steve