WEST HOUSE TROUT LAKES

WEST HOUSE TROUT LAKES

MILL LANE

BISHOPTON

TS21 1LL

Tel: 07836 330157

www.westhouse-troutlakes.co.uk

WEST HOUSE FISHING REPORT 22TH JANUARY 2013

A new season at West House Trout Lakes. We look forward to seeing old and new faces at the fishery. Despite the freezing weather we are managing to keep two of the lakes open for fishing with the use of the aerators and remember Rainbow Trout are cold weather fish and are still feeding despite the minus temperatures.The best tip being to fish slowly or static using indicators and surprisingly the fish are not deep with most people catching in the top 2 feet of water. Fish have been seen rising during the middle of the day with sun on the water.

Season ticket holder Jack Noble landed several fish on dry fly patterns on a very cold but sunny day the best being 5lb.Peter Morrison of Thirsk landed 9 fish up to 6lb all caught on a Cats Whisker fished under an indicator. I personally had a 2 hour session and landed 7 fish and had lots of knocks and pulls on a Black Bunnyleach fished slowly on a floating line. Peter Crowe and Ernie Craster caugh 16 fish between them on a bitterly cold afternoon either pulling on under the indicator.

A 4 hour sporting ticket is only £12

The lakes are now open from 8am until 5pm every day

Best Flies :- cats Whisker, Black Zonker, Blobs

Sounds good I will be heading up North soon I may pop in for a session.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.