Fishing Fast And Light

Anglers' Net

• 4 weeks later...

Now thats my kind of angling. I too get funny looks and will fish in Winter with the bare minimum of gear. Carp are after all simple creatures that don,t take much notice of whether you have a huge bivvy or not!

I use a cheapo 50 inch brolly with stormsides, a sundridge triple layer sleeping bag with cover and thats pretty much it for comforts. I will only use 2 rods and the marker and spods stay at home. I can pack up in 5 mins and be gone. The fishery owner always comments that wherever my car is I will be miles from it because I,ve probably moved.

My one luxury is taking my Jack Russell with me, he makes a great toe warmer.

Trouble is todays carp anglers are all taken in by glossy adverts and feel they must have everything. Thats obviously what the tackle manufacturers want you to think though.

I still use my favourite Penetrator 2 hooks that have been around for years and still keep catching, so why change? Like you say I see people carrying 2 tackle boxes stuffed with different hooklink materials just in case. Madness.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp