Bring it On

thedogs

Bring it on!

If all the black fish sales were stopped that includes fish caught and sold by licensed commercial fishermen out of quota, the hobby netter, and the so called recreational angling boats who sell their catches, then this would be one hell of a decrease in fish coming out of the estuaries. A lot of anglers talk of a cap on effort being the only what forward and I would agree. Police the fishery properly, and take out the crap and effort is cut without even touching the law abiding commercial fishermen.

The fines seen so far are to my mind encouraging and should help act as a deterrent to those commercials that are to selling black fish.

What’s needed now if for a few so-called recreational angling boats to be caught selling their catches! Then forget the slapped wrist knick them, then fine them enough so that it also stands as a deterrent!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring it on!

If all the black fish sales were stopped that includes fish caught and sold by licensed commercial fishermen out of quota, the hobby netter, and the so called recreational angling boats who sell their catches, then this would be one hell of a decrease in fish coming out of the estuaries. A lot of anglers talk of a cap on effort being the only what forward and I would agree. Police the fishery properly, and take out the crap and effort is cut without even touching the law abiding commercial fishermen.

The fines seen so far are to my mind encouraging and should help act as a deterrent to those commercials that are to selling black fish.

What’s needed now if for a few so-called recreational angling boats to be caught selling their catches! Then forget the slapped wrist knick them, then fine them enough so that it also stands as a deterrent!

Totally agree with getting rid of the thieves, scammers, cheats, liars, and worst of all the recievers. Never come across a recreational boat selling yet so i don't think that would make a huge dent in the fish stocks, have you? Gill tagging appears to be a good way of reducing the cheats, wouldn't you also agree. I thought the hobby netter could do with his fish what he wants if he doesn't use power to catch it. Again i don't think they would make a huge hole in the stocks. fwiw, if you do know of these so called recreational angling boats, how about naming and shaming them? Defra spend quite alot of public monies already, what's wanted is someone to police them to spend our money where it might make a difference.

Last of all the likes of the stevensons are the scammers in a position to cheat big time, so they are the one's that aught to be hung out to dry as a lesson for all.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I think many would be suprised how many anglers do sell their catch!

When I was a lad of 15 years old I would buy fish from local commercial fishermen and sell them around the the houses of my village. In the end I had to stop as I couldnt compete with anglers doing the same.

I tried to build up some restaurants and tried to set up a small fish sales business about 7 years ago doing the same thing, again I couldnt compete with anglers.

Gill tagging appears to be a good way of reducing the cheats, wouldn't you also agree.

Do you think that carcass tags would create an even bigger black market for bass, Barry, or even a black market for the tags themselves? Would those knocking on the back door of pubs and restuarants be that bothered that their fish didn't have a carcass tag to go with it? Would the landlords and restuaranteurs already buying illegal fish be bothered? It's not something I've given a great deal of thought to, or have any strong views on, I just read through your post and wondered, that's all.

Sometimes, what appear to be great ideas don't work out to be so great, after all, once put into practice. What do you think?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hi Steve,

There are many more hobby netters and people using rod and line selling their catches that most would think.

Bass, cod and thornbacks are easily outed privatly and with the price of fuel now days this could possable increase if not policed properly.

Was good to hear about those gready commercials getting knicked, thats whats needed a good deterrant.

If all the black fish sales were stopped that includes fish caught and sold by licensed commercial fishermen out of quota, the hobby netter, and the so called recreational angling boats who sell their catches, then this would be one hell of a decrease in fish coming out of the estuaries.

'Dogs', you are talking 'tosh' as usual.

I've had enough of FORUMS because so many consider themselves 'authorities' on this or that.

As far as blackfish sold into the restaurant/pub(?) businesses is concerned, the impact is zero.

Why don't you worry about the extraction of year classes by these kinds of methods???

trawlpic6edit.jpg

CEFAS reckon some 95% of the present codling (2006) will be removed before they get the chance to spawn ... luckily in Area VIId, the quota was reached by the greedy b******s by February, but how many codling were 'trawled' and discarded (that was their next years quota!).

Don't tell me this was a fault of regulatory authorities (CFP etc); this IS the fault of commercial fishermen who cannot see past their own noses.

cefascodgraphs-1.jpg

codfishing_603283.jpg

You guys seem intent on avoiding the truth about the scale of commercial fishing in what are really vulnerable inshore areas around the UK.

Good luck to ya!

<_<

Was good to hear about those gready commercials getting knicked, thats whats needed a good deterrant.

See: http://www.intrafish.no/incoming/article173926.ece

(Unfortunately, after the initial paragraph, the article on the FN website seems to have got mixed up with another on MSC herring!)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Do you think that carcass tags would create an even bigger black market for bass, Barry, or even a black market for the tags themselves? Would those knocking on the back door of pubs and restuarants be that bothered that their fish didn't have a carcass tag to go with it? Would the landlords and restuaranteurs already buying illegal fish be bothered? It's not something I've given a great deal of thought to, or have any strong views on, I just read through your post and wondered, that's all.

Sometimes, what appear to be great ideas don't work out to be so great, after all, once put into practice. What do you think?

It would if this government was any good at policing as they are at issuing new laws, thousands since they come to power.

I'm still in favour and it could work as the tags, numbered should only be handed out to those with a licence. Traced back to first time seller. Any tags found in the wrong place, knock on the door of the guy who was issued with them. As for the receivers, there are no checks carried out, that is wrong. If there was tags to correspond with their sales invoices, any discrepancies would be simple to detect.

I cannot really buy something for cash, import it into my business, them claim it as tax and vat expence unless there is an invoice. However the open door is the companies that deal in cash sales, resturants for example, there is not enough checks carried out to find out what is purchaced, when and where has the monies gone, back pocket or was it identified within the paperwork chain.

The dogs, if there is a widespread industry of anglers selling through the back door, do you not think some of these greedy bast@rds would have been caught by now. They can't be that clever can they. don't see any court cases, apart from commercial ones, and they can't be that stupid to be caught, some of them on a regular basis, can they, like in Leons post.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I've had enough of FORUMS because so many consider themselves 'authorities' on this or that.

<_<

That opening sentence sounded alright...................................., but then you posted a lot of "cut and paste" to back up your claims to be a "authority" on the subject. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

'Dogs', you are talking 'tosh' as usual.

As far as blackfish sold into the restaurant/pub(?) businesses is concerned, the impact is zero.

Why don't you worry about the extraction of year classes by these kinds of methods???

trawlpic6edit.jpg

CEFAS reckon some 95% of the present codling (2006) will be removed before they get the chance to spawn ... luckily in Area VIId, the quota was reached by the greedy b******s by February, but how many codling were 'trawled' and discarded (that was their next years quota!).

Don't tell me this was a fault of regulatory authorities (CFP etc); this IS the fault of commercial fishermen who cannot see past their own noses.

[You guys seem intent on avoiding the truth about the scale of commercial fishing in what are really vulnerable inshore areas around the UK.

Good luck to ya!

<_<

Ha how many boats like that are working from the beaches and small harbours in Area V11d ?

I fish to live and live to fish.