Dolphin researcher caught fishing in Great Barrier Reef green zone

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

When I was a research assistant doing survey work just after I graduated, I used to take home buckets of brown shrimp and marsh samphire, but doing a sneaky bit of fishing in a no-fishing zone would be pushing it a bit. I had some mates on my aquatic biology course who would definitely have considered it, though.

I know exactly what you mean Steve....My freshwater and marine biology field work was usually followed by a slap up meal...particularly partial to moules followed by velvet swimming crabs myself!

My job still throws up the odd unexpected meal, mainly of plant origin but the dog usually benefits from pheasant eggs!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I remember doing an undergraduate field trip to a sandy beach, possibly Saundersfoot, on a big spring tide. We found loads of razor clams, and it was only on the minibus home that the marine biology lecturer mentioned that they are absolutely delicious fried in a bit of olive oil - wish he'd said earlier!

I remember doing an undergraduate field trip to a sandy beach, possibly Saundersfoot, on a big spring tide. We found loads of razor clams, and it was only on the minibus home that the marine biology lecturer mentioned that they are absolutely delicious fried in a bit of olive oil - wish he'd said earlier!

With Dr. Fish?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Indeed they were, and John has the driest sense of humour known to man!

Not many names I recognise on the staff list anymore. Bob Wootton is still there. We had tutorials with John Gee when I first started. Presumably the Gareth Jones is the same one who was a lab tech when I was an undergrad. Dr Fish is listed as emeritus now and so has presumably largely retired. Not seeing any other names jumping out at me.

Not many names I recognise on the staff list anymore. Bob Wootton is still there. We had tutorials with John Gee when I first started. Presumably the Gareth Jones is the same one who was a lab tech when I was an undergrad. Dr Fish is listed as emeritus now and so has presumably largely retired. Not seeing any other names jumping out at me.

Haven't checked recently but John Fish, Mike Johnstone, Bob Wooton, Mike Ireland and Rob Turner were those that I had huge respect for...plus many others....Never saw eye to eye with John Gee, he was always right , didn't like critical discussion!

Gareth Jones was a star, he kept the practical side of the life sciences department working!