Scientists admit ‘we got amount of fish wrong’

What i read by mr locker has to one of best made up stories i have ever heard its complete rubbish every word of his story is all about getting more quota for his commercial boats as far as the truth about fish stocks its just fantasy every single person i know who read that report just shake there heads it sounds like a report from the 60ss before overfishing marmalized most of our fish stocks .

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I can't see anything on the ICES website about this, and the tone of the newspaper article is somewhat hubristic. Sounds more like misinformation than any upsurge in fish stocks.

here ya go, anyone who ignores the science will be asked questions, according to the nffo we are walking on fish. And according to the likes of fernly whittingstall and cullem Roberts, it's all doom and gloom. Not according to ices: http://www.ices.dk/sites/pub/Publication%20Reports/Advice/2012/2012/cod-347.pdf

Be careful what you wish for big cod, within the link there is still a large proportion of unallocated landings, could the rsa be part of it I ask.

Can't ignore this bit, or can you:

There has been a gradual improvement in the status of the stock over the last few years. SSB has increased from the historical low in 2006, but remains just below Blim. Fishing mortality declined from 2000 and is now below Fpa, but is estimated to be well above FMSY. Recruitment since 2000 has been poor. The proportion of discards is still high relative to the historical period.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest bluedun

here ya go, anyone who ignores the science will be asked questions, according to the nffo we are walking on fish. And according to the likes of fernly whittingstall and cullem Roberts, it's all doom and gloom. Not according to ices: http://www.ices.dk/sites/pub/Publication%20Reports/Advice/2012/2012/cod-347.pdf

Be careful what you wish for big cod, within the link there is still a large proportion of unallocated landings, could the rsa be part of it I ask.

There has been a gradual improvement in the status of the stock over the last few years. SSB has increased from the historical low in 2006, but remains just below Blim. Fishing mortality declined from 2000 and is now below Fpa, but is estimated to be well above FMSY. Recruitment since 2000 has been poor. The proportion of discards is still high relative to the historical period.

There's not that much here to be optimistic about. The best one can say is that cod stocks in the far north (the area this report is concerned with) are not about to be fished to extinction. Without knowing the precise meanings of all the terminology it is hard to determine the significance of the figures, but it seems that cod numbers are still considered to be below safe limits (the graphs make that pretty clear). Also interesting is the view that northern cod are unlikely to repopulate the depleted areas in the southern North Sea (makes one think of Newfoundland). So, no, commercial fishing cannot claim all is well.

Barry trust me what mr locker is talking about are his boats landings they are averageing over 1000 boxes of fish a trip thats fishing for roughly 7 -10 days and do you know where all this fish he is he is actually talking about all this cod and its very big stuff 2 - 4 fish to a box is it is actually getting caught 10 miles off the fareos not in our part of the north sea and thats a fact i know the lads who work on his boats 20 years down the line when they have caught all the big cod up there just like they did off our coast in 70ss ,80ss and 90ss they will blame global warming seals anglers anybody but themselves it couldnt sustain there catching power here it wont up there.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg