Your Top Tip! Be part of a new feature series!

ThroughTheEye

Guest bluedun

I've been on this forum since late 2000. We usually have 2-4 writers a year (sometimes more) who post asking for info for an article or a research project or whatever. Many will promise they will share their end results here or post a link to their article here. From memory, zero of them have actually done so.

I'm pretty much at the point of wanting to delete the topic and the topic starter whenever I see one of these things. I'll probably do just that to the next one.

Writers on fishing have plenty to write about without asking for help on forums. If you have to ask you probably don't know enough to write about it.

Writers on fishing have plenty to write about without asking for help on forums. If you have to ask you probably don't know enough to write about it.

I could probably guess that the content he's gathering from around the net will be put to use on his site without any credit being given to anyone....... just a leech imo. cant even find his website.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Strange when a new member's first post is one like that. I smell a rat !!

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Strange when a new member's first post is one like that. I smell a rat !!

You must have seen these "research" post from new members over the years ? its nothing new they come here ask for help then forget all about us after the second post. no rat just a leech who will probably never contribute anything to the forum.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk