more fiddling g!ts

So Dr Paweson is going round giving presentations to groups such as the old boys club of sea fisheries quangos who sponsor commercial fishing, not forgetting that these same groups have shown in the past to be anti-angling and at the very best indifferent to sea angling and sea anglers, and hes going round trying to justify why Defra are spending thousands of our taxes on a hairy fairy scheme that will tell everyone what we already know, and having got the information, said government department will do didley squat for fear of upsetting someone.

Just were do I sign on for one of these jobs, I always thought it was illegal to print your own money.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add that given this seems top be about identifying areas along our coast which could be put aside for angling, would it not be a good idea to give presentations to sea anglrs first before going to ask permission from the old boys network of sea fisheries quango's. They are after all likely to charge us to fish them, it would be nice to be asked if we actually want them before they go cap in hand to said quango for permission.

This item is not about fidddling g!ts ? More about utter waste, can someone justify, explain what is going on here where 78% of the catch, over 5000 kilos are dumped overboard. Was it because it was caught accidently, disgard. Or economic dumping. Within this article i note that this is 'normal' practice for the uk offshore fleet. Out of site out of mind?

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...ping_fish..html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

This item is not about fidddling g!ts ? More about utter waste, can someone justify, explain what is going on here where 78% of the catch, over 5000 kilos are dumped overboard. Was it because it was caught accidently, disgard. Or economic dumping. Within this article i note that this is 'normal' practice for the uk offshore fleet. Out of site out of mind?

I’m not an expert but can comment on reasons why commercial fishermen may discard fish.

The discarded fish maybe out of quota.

They discards may be caught in an area where local buy laws put them out of season.

There may be absolutely no commercial value to the discards.

The fish could be all under the minimum landing size and therefore discarded.

Fish like cod are worth very little when small, so a 55cm codling would be worth more than a 35cm fish. If a fisherman was to fill up his cod-end with 35cm codling he could discard these fish in the hope that the next tow might catch bigger more valuable fish.

Trawling courses more discards than any other method, gill netting is a far more selective method of fishing and results in far less fish being discarded.

To my mind all discards are a total waste, 99.9% are dead or so badly injured they will be dead within a shot period of time.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

So Barry what’s it to be ? A fiddling git or a honest law abiding fisherman dumping over quota fish back in the sea, you can only be one or the other.

I fish to live and live to fish.

So Barry what’s it to be ? A fiddling git or a honest law abiding fisherman dumping over quota fish back in the sea, you can only be one or the other.

That is the question i'm asking, not sure as they said the fish was small. What would they want to chuck over 78% of the catch in any event, seems like a total waste to me. Is it for economic reasons or an accidental catch, If they are kosher and with the high cost of diesel they can't be making any money can they, If the catch is too small what about Lochheads real time closures , don't they count in norway waters or is that conservation method just to keep the general public happy. Wonder how many closures there has been since inception. I have heard of one, any more?

According to the article the coastguard must have followed them from one sector into the next, if the story is true.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

That is the question i'm asking, not sure as they said the fish was small. What would they want to chuck over 78% of the catch in any event, seems like a total waste to me. Is it for economic reasons or an accidental catch, If they are kosher and with the high cost of diesel they can't be making any money can they, If the catch is too small what about Lochheads real time closures , don't they count in norway waters or is that conservation method just to keep the general public happy. Wonder how many closures there has been since inception. I have heard of one, any more?

According to the article the coastguard must have followed them from one sector into the next, if the story is true.

Ok Barry I'll put it another way.

What would you do it you had a large haul of cod and saith while fishing for haddock ? you have only a small quota for cod and saith but plenty of haddock quota, baring in mind the high fuel costs and you have five men onboard relying on you for a wage.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Ok Barry I'll put it another way.

What would you do it you had a large haul of cod and saith while fishing for haddock ? you have only a small quota for cod and saith but plenty of haddock quota, baring in mind the high fuel costs and you have five men onboard relying on you for a wage.

Think i'de take up hangliding or something. Sorry :) , i would have to move to another mark as i certainly wouldn't like to catch another load of fish to dump. In particular 78% again. As he again moved from one sector into another was the fish to be dumped in his nets, on the deck or in the hold.

How come a commercial skipper can get it so wrong. When i go on a boat the skipper will say we are going to target so and so, and we do. Is it so different. On a wreck that holds cod and pollack, if the target was pollack that is what is caught, what is the difference, does the commercial boat have a choice or is trawling too hit and miss.