What Float Rod

DanielBlackmore

Thanks for your suggestions.

I managed to find a tackle shop with all 3 and a lot more in stock and going to go and feel them for myself.

Take the reel you will use it with or if buying a new one borrow a model in the shop and strap it on each rod in turn.

A rod can feel great until a reel unbalances it!

Even better if the shop will put some line on so you can put a bend in the rods to get a feel - a tackle dealer holding the tip and pulling rod into a curve just does not do the job.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I think I'm going to get myself a new float rod in the next few days. The one I have is a hateful effort and it wouldn't be much use for growing peas either. It's a horrible Abu Enticer. It's just about OK for big perch, trout and tench but even then it's just not a pleasant rod. It was supposed to 'do in the meantime' and I've just never got round to replacing it. I know I'd enjoy float fishing a lot more and I'd make the effort to go out and do more of it if I had a pleasurable rod to use.

That's it....it's getting sorted within the week. I'm glad this subject stirred me into action.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Now there's a coincidence after I was banging on about them; just had email from Mullarkeys, who have now put the full range of Youngs rods on sale at just £49.99!

http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=863+18604+865+20555+20558+20556+20557