Can Anyone Identifiy This Species Of Fish?

rookie fisher

It's a perch and welcome to the forum, where about in the northwest was it caught as I am from the same area

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Thanks for that... Strange, the Perch I usually fish have stripes.

I fish in a town called Rochdale up on some moors, there's this small pond.

On an unrelated note, I'm a little concerned as to how the forum got that profile picture. I didn't upload it, is it connected to my email??

Thanks.

It does have stripes, if you look closely, or at least the suggestion of stripes. It's just very dark coloured. If the water is up on the moors and peaty that could explain it .

On an unrelated note, I'm a little concerned as to how the forum got that profile picture. I didn't upload it, is it connected to my email??

Thanks.

I'm not seeing any profile picture, just the standard silhouette for those without profile pictures, same as shown on Tigger's post - unless of course you and Tigger are twins. :D

Rookie, perch have rudimentary chromatophores, which allow them to change colour somewhat to suit their enviroment.

If you put some perch in a white bucket and some in a black bucket, the perch will change colour in a relatively short time.

Your perch probably comes from a heavily stained peat water as Steve suggested.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Aye, a perch in dark water would explain that colouration.

I take that photo and raise you this.

Has to be some form of hybrid. But what. Caught from the River Aire in Leeds. I've had some private communication, some say chub, some say dace some say cross. Who wants to venture a guess.

River_Aire_Chub.jpg

The full day and more pictures can be found here - http://goo.gl/EloZz

Happy guessing.

Like fishing? - Check out my blog at http://coarsefishingpaul.blogspot.com/

For fishy updates follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Angler_PaulM