Current Daiwa Feeder Rod similar to the Harrier Z 13ft (HR-ZL130PPF)

G.C

Hi there,

First and foremost, I’ll like to thank all members of the forum for their help over the years. I have a question which I am hoping someone will be able to answer.

I have being fishing for guilt-head breams on the beaches in Normandy using a Daiwa Harrier Z 13ft feeder rod (model HR-ZL130PPF) for years. After initially replacing the rings for bigger ones, I have being able to cast a good distance (up to 80 meters) using a 4 oz grip lead. This works a treat and I have caught guilt-heads to the size of 3kg using this rod. I have being trying to get exactly the same rod so I can fish a pair of rods instead on one. Despite searching everywhere online, I haven’t yet come across one.

Question: Is there any current Daiwa rod which has the same specifications as the one I described above, i.e. 13ft which will also enable me to cast a 4oz grip lead? Or do you know if there is a Harrier Z 13ft rod for sale from someone? In case you wonder why I use a coarse fishing rod on a beach instead of beach-casters, the truth is I own a few of these and fish with them for different species. However as amazing as this may sound, for some strange reason, the guilt-heads I’ve caught so far have ALL been caught on the feeder rod. I have also attached a picture of the Harrier Z rod from my last fishing session.

I look forward to your answers and I thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Gerry

I use these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-HYPERLOOP-Extra-Heavy-feeder-BRAND-NEW-13ft-/221249162953?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Fishing_FishingRods_EH&hash=item33837a4ec9 for black bream and trigger fish on the south coast here in blighty.

They cast 4 to 6oz's a long way, have quite large eyes (on the tips as well ) and are not very expensive.

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

Garylee, thank you very much for your help. I'll definitely have a look at this, even more interesting if I don't have to change the rings. Happy fishing.

Kind Regards

Gerry

• 11 months later...