right of access

All,

In fairness - In the US it seems there is a huge gap among folks with canoes (etc). There are "sportsmen", anglers, environmentalists, naturalists. These folks seem to constitute about 5 - 10%. And then, the other 90 - 95% are being towed by a jet ski - sinking with a cargo of 30 cases of beer - tied one to another like a railroad train or having olympic racing ego trips.

Unfortunately, again in the US, most bank anglers don't do justice to the word civilized either.

Phone

Glad you liked it barry. You're an expert there. By the way, how's your old mate bob?

put a name to your face sport. (bottle)

your second sentence, you got that wrong I have put up facts to the trust and they do not have the bottle or the facts to back up their anecdotal evidence, hiding behind the parapet making themselves look foolish. now it certainly looks like you have nothing to back up yours as well, does it.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Boys, boys!,

Perhaps you pugilistic chaps would like to get on common ground and REALLY help out.

PBbowfishing_071112A.jpg

(Anyone worth their salt as a bowfisherman wouldn't hold up a spawing carp - far to easy)

r-ASIAN-CARP-SHOOTING-ILLINOIS-large570.

And you thought they were a good shot - silly boys!

Relax

Phone

Guest bluedun

Phone, I find the bow/spear fishing thing in America very curious. Certainly give the carp anglers here a blue fit, but attitudes to carp are somewhat different over there.

As for old barry, I'm afraid he's got a bit of form - an apparently innate hostility to any organisation beneficial to angling (eg Angling Trust, Environment Agency), disingenuous requests for "evidence" (any of which he ignores), ad hominen attacks when he's challenged, obfuscation and inversion of discussions on conservation subjects, opinions on topics he clearly knows nothing about.

I doubt many people take much notice of him, but I think one should challenge his prejudices every so often. Angling needs no enemies with friends like him.

Edited by bluedun

Phone, I find the bow/spear fishing thing in America very curious. Certainly give the carp anglers here a blue fit, but attitudes to carp are somewhat different over there.

But changing

But have they been getting a bad rap?

Some anglers believe that's the case and they're putting aside all their notions to try their hand at catching the lowly carp.

And it's becoming one of the latest, coolest angling trends in the United States.

:)

(or perhaps not)

Some folks cut them up and use them for crab bait at the coast.

We got mixed reviews at the fly shop on whether crabs actually like carp - the general consensus there seemed to be that chicken gizzards work better.

If neither of those options works, you can always use carp in your yard for mulch.

There's nothing like fish guts to make your garden grow.

:(

http://www.katu.com/news/outdoors/Anglers---think-carp-arent-worthy-Better-think-again-217685401.html

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest bluedun

Interesting link Leon. I must admit I throughly disapprove of bow fishing (and I presume the fish are not eaten - carp, ugh!) But it's not for me to condemn the Americans; they are after all way ahead of us in conservation. Hence they have some decent trout rivers still (despite the irrigation troubles I've read of) and plenty of stripers to catch off the east coast. Contrast the situation with our bass fishery.

Leon,

I should be as good an angler as John "Montana". Great guy. He is often found on the Carp Anglers Group forum (CAG).

bluedun,

They were imported as an food fish. They aren't bad. They do somewhat take on the taste of the water though. They are often served as "gefilte" fish (or any other word that leaves out the word "carp".

North America is certainly blessed with sporting opportunities. Stripers are ubuquitous (and for real fun "wipers".

Bow fishing tournament organizers (the larger ones) now require an outlet for the catch. Often pet food factories or hog farms.

Phone

They were imported as an food fish. They aren't bad. They do somewhat take on the taste of the water though. They are often served as "gefilte" fish (or any other word that leaves out the word "carp".

'Sweet-water cod' works for me :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

As for old barry, I'm afraid he's got a bit of form - an apparently innate hostility to any organisation beneficial to angling (eg Angling Trust, Environment Agency), disingenuous requests for "evidence" (any of which he ignores), ad hominen attacks when he's challenged, obfuscation and inversion of discussions on conservation subjects, opinions on topics he clearly knows nothing about.

I doubt many people take much notice of him, but I think one should challenge his prejudices every so often. Angling needs no enemies with friends like him.

As I thought a back seat, behind the wall anecdotal wind up merchant, you have no value, ziltch, no evidence to back up anything you post. All wind. Your also making a very poor job of the personals with assumption.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Why not post some proof of your own claims Barry?

Proper solid scientific proof....

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.