right of access

A flimsy piece of work you may say but as you haven't posted anything to the contrary (flimsy or otherwise) it seems to be the only evidence forth coming on this thread.

Thought bluedan could come up with something, anything, apart from excuses why not.

Well, snakey, as I pointed out above, definitive evidence is almost impossible to obtain. That doesn't mean we should shrug and let the canoes have free rein. I don't know whether you fly fish, but if you do you will be clear that canoes don't mix with fly fishing. Wading can in principle be disruptive - depends how and when it's done - but since fish spawn outside the fishing season, wading won't impact there. Canoes, however, operate are all year round. It is the clear potential to do damage rather than the certainty. Since canoists have access to plenty of water, it's not unreasonable to keep them away from good fly water.

Perhaps there is a parallel here with cormorants. Anglers demand they are shot, whereas the RSPB want definitive evidence, which of course is hard or impossible to obtain. But in some circumstances at least, it is self-evident that a large flock of resident cormorants are going to consume a large amount of fish.

yup, exactly as I was saying anecdotal evidence and nothing else. So are you prepared to kill thousands of cormorants based on anecdotal evidence, how sad is that. BTW. resident cormorants are not the problem, you slipped up there. Walthamstow fishery is a good example, it has a resident colony, any fish shortages noted? So do you wish them to be shot as well? How about the resident colony at Radipole, they eat fish, lots of them?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Snakey,

RE: trout fishing

""""Dislodging material from the streambed to

attract trout by working or shuffling one’s feet, known

as the “San Juan Shuffle,” is considered chumming (chumming trout is illegal).

Dragging canoe paddles, chains or anchors is not considered

chumming.""""

• Like 1

I would assume that paddles scraping the gravel could have an effect on the habitat of shallow salmon and trout streams in the same way that wading anglers could.

Ahh, within your report link that I have been accused of never reading any what so ever, it clearly states salmon spawning late autumn/winter, do these canoeists make a point on mass of disturbing the riffles at that time of the year I have to ask? :)

off topic, but seeing cormorants got a mention, this is yet another scientific report that I have also read and happen to agree with :punk: :

http://www.livescience.com/27497-fish-migration-escape-predators.html

four years this was over, any comments, observations, bluedan? -_-

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest bluedun

Well unfortunately as your the one claiming canoes damage the habitat of fish and cause damage and disruption to weed the the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence backing this up.

I presume this is a reply to me. The question of proof is rarely a matter of certainty; in fact there is no such thing as absolute proof. Nor is it a matter of purely "anecdotal" as barry repeats endlessly. Something can be self-evident, and I think it is pretty clear the potential for canoes to damage shallow streams. Now I'm presuming from your remarks you have no experience of these, or I think you would see my point.

I've seen this report. It's a pretty flimsy piece of work - a literature review and questionnaire. Not really going to learn much new from that. In any case, how would one measure the damage caused by canoes without putting it to the test and causing damage? No one is going to be allowed to do such a study.

Deep rivers are not going to affected much by canoes, especially when they are navigated by powered boats too. It's the shallow trout and salmon rivers that would be worst affected; canoe bottoms and paddles scraping the gravel would certainly have some impact on the habitat; and fishing such waters with canoes would be impossible.

Yup fishing such waters with canoes would be impossible but then again perhaps not or do they make the fish that bit braver in the good ol US of A

Edited by snakey1

Guest bluedun

http://www.livescience.com/27497-fish-migration-escape-predators.html

four years this was over, any comments, observations, bluedan? -_-

Hey barry, you're a scientist now. Is there no beginning to your talents!

Actually this isn't a science report, it's a news article about one research study. It states that roach swimming up streams are better protected from bird predation than the fish that stay in the lake. But the cormorants still eat the fish. But I have no great gripe against cormorants myself, or not as much as some anglers. Nevertheless, they are certainly a problem on some fisheries.

So there we are, barry the boat angler/commercial fisherman: curious your interest in freshwater fisheries and canoes. Your understanding of these things is clearly limited, or non-existent, yet you persist in airing your opinion/bigotry, and not just on this forum. What is your interest in conservation?

Guest bluedun

Yup fishing such waters with canoes would be impossible but then again perhaps not or do they make the fish that bit braver in the good ol US of A

What's your point? They float big rivers in the US. You can't really fish a 10ft wide stream a foot or so deep from a canoe, nor would you want to.

Hey barry, you're a scientist now. Is there no beginning to your talents!

Actually this isn't a science report, it's a news article about one research study. It states that roach swimming up streams are better protected from bird predation than the fish that stay in the lake. But the cormorants still eat the fish. But I have no great gripe against cormorants myself, or not as much as some anglers. Nevertheless, they are certainly a problem on some fisheries.

So there we are, barry the boat angler/commercial fisherman: curious your interest in freshwater fisheries and canoes. Your understanding of these things is clearly limited, or non-existent, yet you persist in airing your opinion/bigotry, and not just on this forum. What is your interest in conservation?

yup, more insults, got anything to challenge even the weakest link, no? Anything in your armoury at all?

Ever tried bass fishing you appear to have an opinion on it. And your name is?

Guest bluedun

yup, more insults, got anything to challenge even the weakest link, no? Anything in your armoury at all?

Ever tried bass fishing you appear to have an opinion on it. And your name is?

No I'm not insulting you bazzer. Just pointing out a few truths about you.

Yes I go bass fishing. If I didn't I don't suppose I'd have much interest in it. My name? But you already know me barry me old china. I've seen you at work elsewhere and I've observed you being a bully and a bigot. Reasoning with you is like trying to reason with a 5 year old. You're not in the least interested in conservation; you are a nihilist, a Europhobe, a xenophobe (sorry about the long words barry), your attitude to fishing is to catch and kill what you can and to hell with everyone else; you've even fallen out with your old partner in crime. Then for some peculiar reason you back the rights of canoes and cormorants. Weird.

A curious character, but not an interesting one. Anyway, that about sums you up. Here, I'll do you a favour and save you the bother of a reply:

Yup, thought so, anecodotes and personals, you dont kno nuffink. i was rite all along