right of access

Guest bluedun

Oh my god! If we're sticking to the Magna Carta, then we'd better start reshaping the whole of the countryside!

Everyone who seeks to do as they please likes to quote magna carta, not least the unrealistic canoeing activists referenced above. Not much in magna carta remains law today (and those who don't believe that can go and look it up for themselves); it certainly doesn't give carte blanche to go wherever you like on land or water.

But this is is slipping back into cloud cuckoo land again. Are we anglers here or canoeists?

Everyone who seeks to do as they please likes to quote magna carta, not least the unrealistic canoeing activists referenced above. Not much in magna carta remains law today (and those who don't believe that can go and look it up for themselves); it certainly doesn't give carte blanche to go wherever you like on land or water.

But this is is slipping back into cloud cuckoo land again. Are we anglers here or canoeists?

ohh you still hoping that your word is fact are we. Snakey pointed out a good counter to you re bait digging, didn't he. :1a:

ahh, one assuming personal you left earlier, you wrong on that one as well, so I thought I will assist you in getting your facts right. One of the boats I have been fishing on for 30 years, top end of the channel, give the guy a ring, his name is Neal boosey, i'll give you the number as well. Ask him who lets go 50% of the codling caught, mainly because i'm rather good at it and I can only eat so much or give it away. Better still ask him about the time last year where I was chased around the boat by a guy with a landing net to prevent me from putting back numerous bass that day, good fun that, free to choose and long may that remain. I will support any species, group as I think fit against those who provide weak argument and poor assumptions as in your case. Tell us about your bassing, lets have some foto's.

quote errm:

No I'm not insulting you bazzer. Just pointing out a few truths about you.

Yes I go bass fishing. If I didn't I don't suppose I'd have much interest in it. My name? But you already know me barry me old china. I've seen you at work elsewhere and I've observed you being a bully and a bigot. Reasoning with you is like trying to reason with a 5 year old. You're not in the least interested in conservation; you are a nihilist, a Europhobe, a xenophobe (sorry about the long words barry), your attitude to fishing is to catch and kill what you can and to hell with everyone else; you've even fallen out with your old partner in crime. Then for some peculiar reason you back the rights of canoes and cormorants. Weird.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

However, it was not until last year that the Court of Appeal decided that there was a right to dig for bait on the foreshore, which is ancillary to the right to fish.

Please see:

http://www.ukmarinesac.org.uk/activities/bait-collection/bc5.htm

(Since then the Marine & Coastal Access Act (2009) has given IFCAs the powers to regulate bait-digging and collection).

Also relevant is that EU legislation takes precedence over national legislation and therefore bait-digging within European Marine Sites is at risk.

The Angling Trust is hosting a conference to address bait-digging issues in September.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest bluedun

bluedun,

Some of my closest carp fishing buddies usa a canoe whilst carp fishing.

Hoover_Moore_Gypsy_Tree_Photography_IMG6

Phone

Now that looks like a fisherman's canoe? Not much room for the anglers but who cares? :)

Bazza, only got your word for that; where's your documentary evidence? Is your chum Neal a bit of a drinker then? Actually, apart from slaughtering everything you catch, I've heard you eat babies too. And did you know that under the magna carta, the name barry is banned. I mean did you ever hear of Sir barry, or King barry? So you are actually against the law.

You still haven't told us how Bonkers Bob is getting on.

Please see:

http://www.ukmarinesac.org.uk/activities/bait-collection/bc5.htm

(Since then the Marine & Coastal Access Act (2009) has given IFCAs the powers to regulate bait-digging and collection).

Also relevant is that EU legislation takes precedence over national legislation and therefore bait-digging within European Marine Sites is at risk.

The Angling Trust is hosting a conference to address bait-digging issues in September.

Come on Leon, don't spoil a thread with facts, supposition is much more interesting, and fun. :D

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest bluedun

Come on Leon, don't spoil a thread with facts, supposition is much more interesting, and fun. :D

John.

Ah, but are they facts? In Barmyland facts are fiction, and words mean just exactly what the author wants them to mean.

Sorry. :contrite:

Apology accepted Leon :D

The best thing about this thread, is that it's supposed to be about rights of access to waters, but it's covered, bass fishing, cormorants, bait digging, catch and release, drinking, ancient law, the Angling Trust, and Bob Shotter. (and probably a few other things I've missed).

That's my kind of thread. I just love diversity, it's one of the few things that can stop anyone reaching a conclusion.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John