Budget Cuts

Phone

All,

Guess who's in the top 3 departmenst of government being ask to take budget cuts. The Fish and Wildlife Agency will loose 27% if congressional conservatives (GOP) have their way.

Phone

All,

Guess who's in the top 3 departmenst of government being ask to take budget cuts. The Fish and Wildlife Agency will loose 27% if congressional conservatives (GOP) have their way.

Phone

This is one reason why I'm all for keeping the UK rod licence.

Government funding can easily be cut, but the licence fee is, (allegedly), ring fenced for use on fishery projects.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• 3 weeks later...

Gozzer,

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner. A newspaper article reminded me today. ""The $17 annual individual fishing license (MO) represents less than 2 percent of government spending on fishing.""""

I guess funding systems are to different to generate a discussion.

Phone

EDIT: I personally have no complaint. After age 72 I can fish anywhere, anytime FREE (even private property as long as the water is in a "watershed district". Most ponds on farms were built free to the farmers by the government to prevent flooding. It's called a watershed.

Phone

Edited by Phone