Bangor University Welsh Sustainable Sea Fisheries Project - Feedback Requests

gmonkman

Bangor University are running an EFF funded project Sustainable Use of Fisheries Resources in Welsh Waters. As part of this we are looking into developing an online angling diary, but we want to know what anglers would expect in a diary application and also if there is enough interested to make it viable. It should be noted that the diary would be extended to anglers outside of Wales.

As such I would be grateful if you could complete the following online survey:

Recreational Sea Angling Diary Application Survey

A quick getout option is available, so that you can let us know you have no interest in an online diary, which will only take 10 seconds to complete.

Some of you may of seen the various threads on worldseafishing forum about the Sustainable Fisheries Project. If you would like to express an opinion on the project then there is another online survey here:
Bangor University Sustainable Fisheries in Wales Recreational Angling Engagement Survey

Once again there is a quick option to let us know you have no interest, however please only participate if you do fish in Wales, either as a visitor or a resident.

If anyone would like additional information then do not hesitate to PM me on.

thank you.

Graham

"If anyone would like additional information then do not hesitate to PM me on."

You will not be able to send or receive PMs until you become an unrestricted member after your 15th post has been approved.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update,

currently on 42 completed surveys for the Diary feedback and 20 for the Sustainable Fisheries Project feedback survey.

Target for both is 100 completed surveys - this assures some reliability to the results so would be great if some others could take the time to complete. The diary questionnaire is particularly relevant.

I'll move this to the Sea Fishing section so it will be more widely seen.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

unfortunately this study has already been mugged by a few who have their agenda of what they wish to see happen with the bass stock. The few wish to impose their wants and beliefs over every one else. they already have the idea that the bass stock is in decline and needs their management ethos to save it. Unfortunately, for many commercial interests, charter boat industry and the rsa, the plan is for management and restriction. It will be a shame to pass on information to be used as a stick to beat yourself and others up with. Quote from one of the guys who are intent on gaining this info with the pre conceived idea that they wish to use this as future ammo.

Quote from wsf:

Supported by the WFSA and BASS, the Fisheries and Science Conservation Group based at Bangor University, (North Wales) are launching a project intended to provide evidence of commercial and recreational bass landings in order to better-assess the state of the stock in Wales.

Already recognising that the size and number of bass are in decline, and that bass angling is such an important stakeholder of the resource and a significant contributor to the Welsh economy, it is hoped that data gathered from fishers will allow improved and more sustainable management of the stocks and the associated increase in numbers and sizes of bass that we all yearn for.

In order for this project to be a success, the involvement of, and contributions from bass anglers is essential, and the WFSA and BASS hopes that the engagement of anglers will provide a positive reflection on how we want to do all we can to improve our fishing, and once the data is gathered it can be used as a platform from which to push for the same sort of measures that BASS and the Angling Trust are pushing for in England.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest bluedun

"Tell them nothing" eh barry? Back to the caves for us all.

Graham:

Sounds interesting. Commercial interests won't be too keen of course, but most anglers will be. Do you have any links to more technical docs on the project?

"Tell them nothing" eh barry? Back to the caves for us all.

Graham:

Sounds interesting. Commercial interests won't be too keen of course, but most anglers will be. Do you have any links to more technical docs on the project?

No you are off target, tell me what benefit is this going to achieve? Remembering of course that this is e u led. Are you also intimating that there isn't enough management in place to do something about any short falls, and tell us where you think an immediate improvement in the stock can come from if the needs require, without going down the route of additional legislation that will not be fit for purpose.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Austin goldsmith hates commercials and has his own agenda, he also deletes, sanitises and removes comments from his face book page that does not follow his agenda. The film clip is one sided and also it is rare that bass caught from the sea are on fishmongers slabs as most if not all are exported into the eu. the clip makes a point of belittling the farm caught bass, however the industry is huge and it serves a purpose. It's a shame that the uk public has to put up with a shabby second class fish product as is most of the fish on a mongers slab. How ever again it all comes from e u control. Any improvement in the stock will come with decent e u control, in particular with regards to a fair share out of the stock, it won't happen because money and the French market is more important, including their lucrative restaurants who take many tonnes out of the same stock. Any u k legislation will be pointless and ineffective unless proper control comes from where it is required. Fiddling while Rome burns.

Here's a sample from austin, and if you don't agree, you don't go...............These reports depress me , disgust and make me question why I would be so reckless as to try and derive a living from bass fishing ?? Some of the locations I fish I get to share the water with the community of guys who catch fish with hand lines or rod and line. They wont be receiving Christmas cards from me but I still have a passing respect for the way they work . They sell Bass for top prices. If a commercial rod and line angler lands 20 Bass he’s done ok. £ 320 A fair days pay with relatively low impact on the resourse. I let my clients take a bass from Zen2 at £ 160 per Kilo with a strict slot size of 45 – 55 CM . One Bass per day per man , no more .

Edited by barry luxton