anti tangling feeder rigs

Benselley

You should be able to customise your setups with various bits and pieces by John Roberts and E.S.P. It's worth spending a tenner on some rig tubing, buffer beads, run-rings et. etc. just to see what you can come up with, including anti-tangle rigs.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I think if you looked at a 1000 good anglers feeder rigs you would probably find 1000 different variations of fishing it. Ive tried a good number of ways of setting it up over the years and some ways are better than others for me, but other anglers may not like some of my ways. I don't think any way is 100% tangle free. One thing i would say is a lot of it is not your rig but the way you cast. Always try and cast smoothly and feather your line down just before your feeder hit the water, this feathering should help straighten out your hook length and reduce the tangling.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I think if you looked at a 1000 good anglers feeder rigs you would probably find 1000 different variations of fishing it. Ive tried a good number of ways of setting it up over the years and some ways are better than others for me, but other anglers may not like some of my ways. I don't think any way is 100% tangle free. One thing i would say is a lot of it is not your rig but the way you cast. Always try and cast smoothly and feather your line down just before your feeder hit the water, this feathering should help straighten out your hook length and reduce the tangling.

thanks alot

i sometimes have this problem,just not sure if it tangles when i am reeling in.i keep having a go with differant setups.but i am now catching fish on the feeder so i must be starting to do something right.

maybe the experianed guys could post some pics of there setups so us novices can try differant setups

Most coarse fishing ledger and feeder rigs (of which there a lot) are variations, combinations or improvements on the basic running rig or paternoster rig.

post-10964-1217837119_thumb.jpg

post-10964-1217837143_thumb.jpg

Sorry for pic quality, not easy drawing on a lap top.

As Andy has said many alterations and improvements can be made to these rigs with bits and bobs ( rig tube, beads, float stops, lead and feeder clips & break aways the list gos on) which are widely available in the tackle shops.

I generally use a paternoster rig similar to the one posted by lutra but I attach the feeder to the "dropper", not the hook. I've tried all sorts of overcomplicated rigs in the past and none of them are particularly effective. Once you get past the idea that you need a free running line from hook to rod tip things get much simpler!

I generally use a paternoster rig similar to the one posted by lutra but I attach the feeder to the "dropper", not the hook. I've tried all sorts of overcomplicated rigs in the past and none of them are particularly effective. Once you get past the idea that you need a free running line from hook to rod tip things get much simpler!

It can be quite surprising how things go out of fashion or are improved in angling.

The trend towards running rigs and semi fixed rigs and super sensitive bite alarms is one that has me scratching my head a bit. The good old paternoster rig and a swing tip is just about the most sensitive ledger or feeder setup you can use in my view. Just not trendy. <_<:)

thanks alot

ive got a competition on saturday whitch one of lutras rigs should i use as its a french lake there are loads of small catfish and roach

When you say small catfish are you talking 60lb or 6oz?